Henne should have been 14/14 and Thigpen SUCKS. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne should have been 14/14 and Thigpen SUCKS.

Thigpen sucks?? Are you freaking crazy?? He was 8/12 for 76 yards playing behind a makeshift OL with WRs that will be flipping burgers this time next month. The reason his passes were so off target was because he was throwing them away rather than taking the sack. The throw to Turner where turner ran the route of a bad HS player was a very solid play by Thigpen. He made the right read and went to the single coverage (something that Penny could learn from) and when he realized his WR was a moron, he threw it close enough that he wouldn't get an IG called and went to the next play. Thigpen is very safe with the ball and has a solid understanding on the offense. Tyler is turning into a very solid backup. Someone I hope we can afford to keep as Henne's backup for the next 5 years or so. Time will tell, but as of right now I would rather have Thigpen than Sanchez, lol. As a matter of fact, if Thigpen would have been at the jets/panthers game he would have been the best QB in the freaking stadium.

Uh, no. Thigpen sucks.

Thigpen sucks?? Are you freaking crazy?? He was 8/12 for 76 yards playing behind a makeshift OL with WRs that will be flipping burgers this time next month. The reason his passes were so off target was because he was throwing them away rather than taking the sack. The throw to Turner where turner ran the route of a bad HS player was a very solid play by Thigpen. He made the right read and went to the single coverage (something that Penny could learn from) and when he realized his WR was a moron, he threw it close enough that he wouldn't get an IG called and went to the next play. Thigpen is very safe with the ball and has a solid understanding on the offense. Tyler is turning into a very solid backup. Someone I hope we can afford to keep as Henne's backup for the next 5 years or so. Time will tell, but as of right now I would rather have Thigpen than Sanchez, lol. As a matter of fact, if Thigpen would have been at the jets/panthers game he would have been the best QB in the freaking stadium.

I like what I saw out of Tyler the other day, but yesterday he made some very poor decisions!!

what's up with ricky batting balls up in the air in the middle of the field???i saw that same thing multiple times last year for ints with ricky...if you can't catch it cause its too hot bat the damn thing down...don't pop it up in the air for the pursuit to collect like its off of a pillow...

or how bout just catch the damn thing...henne throws a pretty hard ball...this should not be news to you anymore ricky...

Save your breath, KTOWN. There will always be a few RobertHorrys on this site. The fact that the 3rd String OL isn't that good will never rigister in the minds of such self-proclaimed geniuses, who are really nothing more than deep-down stupid about things relating to football.

Save your breath, KTOWN. There will always be a few RobertHorrys on this site. The fact that the 3rd String OL isn't that good will never rigister in the minds of such self-proclaimed geniuses, who are really nothing more than deep-down stupid about things relating to football.

Yeah, I know nothing about football.

All 3 QB's played well. Henne played the best, Pennington played good still and Tyler did what a third QB running for his life most plays would do. He only took off when he had to stiff arm and dodge guys to get to the outside because our deep o-line was being killed. Deep o-line and LB's were getting beat up out there.

what's up with ricky batting balls up in the air in the middle of the field???i saw that same thing multiple times last year for ints with ricky...if you can't catch it cause its too hot bat the damn thing down...don't pop it up in the air for the pursuit to collect like its off of a pillow...

or how bout just catch the damn thing...henne throws a pretty hard ball...this should not be news to you anymore ricky...

I was informed yesterday that it is because Ricky has smaller then average hands. Therefore I am never to get upset with his fumbles or miscues. We can call it "The American Running Back With Disabilities Act"

I was informed yesterday that it is because Ricky has smaller then average hands. Therefore I am never to get upset with his fumbles or miscues. We can call it "The American Running Back With Disabilities Act"
:caveman:

thigpen did ok it was the O-Line that stunk it up.

thigpen is a backup quarterback. when he comes onto the field, i get nervous. Chad henne earned my respect last year. The guy throws a beautiful ball! The thing i wanted to see from chad was finally proven.. The second touchdown to fasano was a thing of beauty. he split the coverage, and put the ball where only fasano could make a play on it. As for those who think chad henne is conservative, so is tom brady. when ever there is a one on one situation, expect henne to throw it to brandon marshall. throughout the whole game, brandon was double covered. Henne did a great job of recognizing coverage, and getting it out to the open man. my favorite pass was the pass to brandon marshall on a comback route towards the sideline. It was a timing route that separates the good from the great quarterbacks. you see, I much rather have a quarterback who throws the ball to an open reciever, than to have one who throws the ball to the reciever that isn't open at all..

back to thigpen... there is a few things i see that roberthorry see's. He doesn't step up in the pocket. he bails to the sideline and on one play took a loss, rather than throw it out of bounds. he doesn't take advantage of his running skills, as much as he should..On the out routeto marlon moore, he threw the ball where the defense could make a play, rather than throwing the ball near the sideline so the reciever could make the play..

Henne is the face of our franchise, and rightfully deserving so.. can't wait till the season starts!

Wow it's preseason guys relax. Tyler isn't that bad but prolly never better then a back up. I like the kid but sometimes his smarts are to slightly questioned but for his age I like the kid and it is preseason and he isn't playing with first stringers so to think he is gonna look great is prolly a long shot. He has made decent plays so far but nothing mind blowing. Relax fin heaven!

Maybe instead of using one sentences posts and self proclamation you can actually, ya know, use insight and facts to back up your opinion so far.

1. Thigpen doesn't step into throws when under pressure. Instead he reverts back to throwing off his back foot. The Double move comeback route to Turner was thrown off his back foot. The skinny post to Wallace was thrown off his back foot. The Deep Out was thrown off his back foot. All these passes hit the ground or were nowhere near the wideout.

2. He starts running around like a buffoon when pressure comes from the edges or middle. He bails to the sideline and tries to keep the play alive as long as possible to create a play. He doesn't know how to live for another down.

3. One of absolute worst mistakes a QB could make, Thigpen made last night. Falling to the ground he chucks up a pass for anyone to intercept. Middle schoolers are taught not to do that.

4. Thigpen locks into a wideout and will wait and wait and wait until he gets open instead of going through his reads.

5. Thigpen is EXTREMELY erratic and the complete opposite of consistent.

Back
Top Bottom