Henne should have been 14/14 and Thigpen SUCKS. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne should have been 14/14 and Thigpen SUCKS.

You should really take a minute and consider those tackles he played behind before you say Thigpen "SUCKS."

I think the OP meant to place Pat White, John Beck, or Mark Sanchez's name in the spot where he mistakenly put Thigpen's.

Come on man. Thigpen has some potential. Thats easy to see. Didnt you see those couple plays vs. the Steelers in a real game last year?

Did you forget he made quite a few starts in KC and at least looked like an NFL caliber QB at times? Hell he had some decent numbers in some of those games. Sure he makes mistakes that you see from an inexperienced player who is still developing, but the guy has potential. Hell, he is at least as good as Sanchez right now.

That move he put on a couple of defenders on the TD pass to Bess in the Steelers game tells me the guy can play QB. He had a couple of other great looking moves in that game and then he got ahead of himself and made the big mistake for that INT afterwards.

As far as stepping up in the pocket, I would probably agree with you based on what I saw in other games. But, I havent seen the game yet from Sat. night and as other posters suggest I bet it mightve had something to do with 3rd string tackles on the OL and you dont know what youre seeing. That of course based on previous posts you have made which indicate youre lost.

But, I donno. I will see the game for myself tonight or if I cant stay awake till for all 4 qtrs of a game starting at 11pm, I may watch it tomorrow during the day. The DVR is of course set.

Yeah, I know nothing about football.

Now see, was that really that hard?? You have admitted your football IQ which makes the rest of your post make alot more sense. Which in turn makes the whole thread make more sense. See how easy it is to get along when we all just tell the truth?? Thanks for your honesty Horry. :couch3:

I think the OP meant to place Pat White, John Beck, or Mark Sanchez's name in the spot where he mistakenly put Thigpen's.

Come on man. Thigpen has some potential. Thats easy to see. Didnt you see those couple plays vs. the Steelers in a real game last year?

Did you forget he made quite a few starts in KC and at least looked like an NFL caliber QB at times? Hell he had some decent numbers in some of those games. Sure he makes mistakes that you see from an inexperienced player who is still developing, but the guy has potential. Hell, he is at least as good as Sanchez right now.

That move he put on a couple of defenders on the TD pass to Bess in the Steelers game tells me the guy can play QB. He had a couple of other great looking moves in that game and then he got ahead of himself and made the big mistake for that INT afterwards.

As far as stepping up in the pocket, I would probably agree with you based on what I saw in other games. But, I havent seen the game yet from Sat. night and as other posters suggest I bet it mightve had something to do with 3rd string tackles on the OL and you dont know what youre seeing. That of course based on previous posts you have made which indicate youre lost.

But, I donno. I will see the game for myself tonight or if I cant stay awake till for all 4 qtrs of a game starting at 11pm, I may watch it tomorrow during the day. The DVR is of course set.

You will enjoy watching this one, unlike last week. I bought the NFL preseason pass and have watched it 3 times already. It was a lot easier on the eyes than the first game. BTW that NFL preseason pass is a pretty good deal. You can go back and watch any of the games any time ya want to. I wanted to see how that rookie RB for the Lions was looking so I went back and watched the first half of that game. It's a pretty neat deal. $39.00 is kinda steep, but not too bad.

The tackles looked like turn styles at a amusement park ride! Think Wade Smith, when Freeney owned him and killed Greises career.

Good luck with that WV. Get ready to watch some crappy QB playing football.

Thigpen is a fine spread/shotgun QB. Developing into 3-5-7 step passer is not going to be his forte.

Yes, the OL did him no favors. But he did not favors himself by playing with that same idiotic mentality thats plagued his since Coastal Carolina. Gets around the edge of the DE/LB on pressure then decides to try and run around and keep the play alive or some other nonsensical moves. On top of that, he has one of the finest moments a QB can have, chucking the ball in the air when he is being brought down for a sack.

Yes, he is above average at improvising, and has can get into a rhythm where he can start going on a streak. He can start getting on "fire" once he develops that rhythm.

BUT, He locks onto one wideout. Doesn't go through his reads and get to the 3rd/4th/5th option. Will wait for the first two options to get open. Very evident on that throw to Patrick Turner where he waited for Turner to get open on the double move comeback(or out?) route when he had when Moore was open 8 yards away doing a drag . On top of waiting, he didn't even step into his throw when he had the ability to step into it. he is also is inaccurate when throwing the deep ball. A 20 yard Dig or double move comeback combo is something he would not be able to do consistently. He forces passes in traffic. He does not throw the ball away. He NEED to make a play and this leads to bad situations many of the times.

And he failed to score 3 times inside the Jags 15 when he was playing 2nd and 3rd team defense.

The reason his passes were so off target was because he was throwing them away rather than taking the sack. The throw to Turner where turner ran the route of a bad HS player was a very solid play by Thigpen. He made the right read and went to the single coverage (something that Penny could learn from) and when he realized his WR was a moron, he threw it close enough that he wouldn't get an IG called and went to the next play

Really? Made the right read and had no protection?

Heres the crap pass to Turner where he threw off his back foot. As you guys are saying, "He had nowhere to step into because of the crappy OL". Maybe if he didn't lock into Turner he could see Moore who has a step on his man 8 yards away doing a drag to the sideline.

4920018289_c3b1c1f7f9-1.jpg

Heres the pass to Moore which was a deep out and Thigpen decided not to step into that giant passing lane to evade the edge rush and throw it more to the sideline. Instead he throws inside so Middleton, The Jags DB can make a play on it.

4920019259_8d94f319f4-1.jpg

Heres another picture of him with no protection

4920617982_1422418f3e-1.jpg

And another.

4920618208_dcd4c07302-1.jpg

Thigpen is very safe with the ball and has a solid understanding on the offense.

Now I find that hilarious. Very Safe with the ball? is that so? Lets take a look, shall we?

[video=youtube;8ma2TBdX_bI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ma2TBdX_bI[/video]

I mean if you call safe throwing the ball in the air for grabs while being brought down by two players instead of taking a sack, yeah I guess you can call him safe if thats what you wish.

jeez horry...you gonna let some of these guys talk smack about you like that??? saying you don't know anything about football...

jeez horry...you gonna let some of these guys talk smack about you like that??? saying you don't know anything about football...

Haha I dont need to prove anything to these posters. If they think I have none, then so be it.

If I had more time I would also upload the images and videos his passes to Wallace where he threw into the ground where he had a clear passing lane and the other plays where he continued with his screw ups.

Back
Top Bottom