Henne should have been 14/14 and Thigpen SUCKS. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne should have been 14/14 and Thigpen SUCKS.

RobertHorry

Scout Team
Reaction score
Henne should have been 14/14 for 150+ yards and 2 TDs. Hartline dropped a perfect pass, Marshall dropped a perfect pass, and Williams dropped a pass. Add those as catches and thats 14/14.

And Thigpen BLOWS. Good grief he needs to be on a spread only team. He sucks at evading pressure when it comes from the middle and the edges unless he can get outside. 75% of the time he doesn't step into his throws and throws passes into the dirt of nowhere near the wideout. 90% of his passes tonight were within 10 yards of him or they were flats/dumpoffs. He is BAD.

Henne should have been 14/14 for 150+ yards and 2 TDs. Hartline dropped a perfect pass, Marshall dropped a perfect pass, and Williams dropped a pass. Add those as catches and thats 14/14.

And Thigpen BLOWS. Good grief he needs to be on a spread only team. He sucks at evading pressure when it comes from the middle and the edges unless he can get outside. 75% of the time he doesn't step into his throws and throws passes into the dirt of nowhere near the wideout. 90% of his passes tonight were within 10 yards of him or they were flats/dumpoffs. He is BAD.
The biggest thing he needs to learn to fix that is stepping up in the pocket.

It is kind of a difficult concept because it goes against what most people think... If you get pressure, run away.

The fact of the matter is that if you step up in the pocket, it can give you enough time to target a receiver and throw, all while keeping your eyes downfield.

If you escape the pocket and run for your life, you are less likely to get a pass off because you have to run away from pressure and make sure no one is catching them from behind.

LOL @ at all those who were campaigning for Thigpen to have the primary backup job instead of Pennington. Never again, please.

Henne should have been 14/15 cause the batted down pass at the goaline to marshall.

I don't recall how many passes Henne threw but I believe he had four misses, no? Three drops (Marshall, Williams and Hartline) and the batted down pass to Marshall at the goal line. I am confused.

Something is off on the stat. There were 4 incompletions. Unless there was a penalty on one of them...?

Thigpen sucks?? Are you freaking crazy?? He was 8/12 for 76 yards playing behind a makeshift OL with WRs that will be flipping burgers this time next month. The reason his passes were so off target was because he was throwing them away rather than taking the sack. The throw to Turner where turner ran the route of a bad HS player was a very solid play by Thigpen. He made the right read and went to the single coverage (something that Penny could learn from) and when he realized his WR was a moron, he threw it close enough that he wouldn't get an IG called and went to the next play. Thigpen is very safe with the ball and has a solid understanding on the offense. Tyler is turning into a very solid backup. Someone I hope we can afford to keep as Henne's backup for the next 5 years or so. Time will tell, but as of right now I would rather have Thigpen than Sanchez, lol. As a matter of fact, if Thigpen would have been at the jets/panthers game he would have been the best QB in the freaking stadium.

Back
Top Bottom