Henne this, Henne that..... Anyone worried about Sean Smith??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne this, Henne that..... Anyone worried about Sean Smith???

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The whole focus/attention of training camp is on Chad Henne who's having a great camp based on several reports...

Now based on the same reports, Sean Smith (fan's favorite) is not having a good camp so far and is getting toasted by Marshall, Gates, etc.... Oh yeah, also getting run over by tiny R. Bush...

Anyone worried about him since all reports indicate that on the other side, Vontae Davis is having a great camp and able to shut down Marshall..... I hope Will Allen can start for S. Smith if healthy...

Sean Smith has been getting better and better ( in real games ) and has looked solid for where he is at in his career. Henne has looked like trash in those same games. Not worried about Sean Smith. Very worried about Henne

Not too concerned, I think he'll be okay once its time to actually play

Compared to all of the other question marks on this team, Sean Smith doesn't concern me much at all. My guess is that'll he'll improve with more time. If he shouldn't, there are others in the secondary to help. If Smith can hold on to some of those balls that come his way this year, he will start looking really good. And if he is the "weak spot" in this defense, I'll take it. Personally, I'm a little more concerned with our safeties, but even then, our front seven is going to be beastly. I'm looking forward to watching our defense play. I think my eyes will be half shut watching Henne and our offense plod up and down the field, but I'll be watching nonetheless...

I have been to 5 practices and I am VERY worried about Sean Smith. His change of direction looks horrible. His anticipation looks bad. His awareness to play the ball is very mediocre. He struggles covering speed. I wish some of you could see what I have seen in practice.

I have been to 5 practices and I am VERY worried about Sean Smith. His change of direction looks horrible. His anticipation looks bad. His awareness to play the ball is very mediocre. He struggles covering speed. I wish some of you could see what I have seen in practice.

It's just practice

It's just practice

Practice is where coordinators tinker with schemes and test out new plays. I have no idea why people freak the **** out over what happens in practice. If he continues getting toasted during preseason games, then I'll start to get worried. Until then, it's all overreaction...

And I was burned when I posted on here we should go after nnamdi. Everyone said that smith and vontae r elite duo and this and that. Sean smith is a mediocre cb. He was not that good last year but bc he had a few dropped int's, people started thinking he was good. Nope. He's just mediocre. I think between him and our nickel cb, our secondary is a Huge ? This season. Clemons was no good and bell can't cover for ****. Only secondary who can cover is vontae. I would have loved to upgrade the position. Who knows, maybe we trade for asante Samuel.

Only reason our secondary was not exploited all season was bc of the play of our DL. Who I'm very excited to see this season. Sad but its bout the only thing im excited to see.

Quick someone post some profootballfocus stats saying how great Smith is and ignore the fact that he can't defend any in route to save his life and is such a puss at tackling he makes Dieon look hard!

i wish i could see some damn video of this scrimmage...dammit all

b/t if its just straight man to man though as 76 has stated and smiths getting roasted thats not just something you blow off as "practice"...but it also sounds like carrolls not ready to handle the boundary yet...

ive sat here and read pretty much everyone state they are not worried about Sean Smith but have given no reason why other than "it's practice". So you want me to assume that just because he is getting burned by all of our receivers that he will be fine against other teams WR??

ive sat here and read pretty much everyone state they are not worried about Sean Smith but have given no reason why other than "it's practice". So you want me to assume that just because he is getting burned by all of our receivers that he will be fine against other teams WR??

because he played pretty well last year when it counted. Henne played like a wet turd when it counted. Practice doesn't mean anything. If he struggles all through preseason then I MIGHT start to get worried about. Quit overreacting.

practice doesn't mean anything??? wtf are you talkin about??? lmao

Back
Top Bottom