Henne's Not the Only One...Who Should We Look Toward for Answers? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne's Not the Only One...Who Should We Look Toward for Answers?

DolfanDonny

Starter
Reaction score
The vaunted NY Jets...and Mark Sanchez...gets "it" handed to them tonight on MNF by the Patriots...

Sanchez's stats through 3 quarters? Less than 50% completions, 129 yards, 0 TD and 3 interceptions (a couple thrown RIGHT TO NE players)...

Should the Jets consider making a QB change?

Henne has shown quite a bit of promise in his FIRST FULL YEAR as a starter. It's a shame that he hasn't been as consistent as we'd all like. A majority of this board has probably acknowledged at some point though, that if we're going to try and develop a young QB, then there will be GROWING pains, and to let the kid play, knowing that EXPERIENCE is the best teacher. I also think it's unfair to compare Henne to Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco, because they all operate in vastly different systems (more on that later). In my opinion, there would be NO QB drafted, or one available as some other team's cast off, that will instantly produce in this offense...it would take some time. If there is, please provide a name or names with your rationale why they'd be better RIGHT NOW. Likewise, we'd never run right out of the gate with a head coaching change (I think we're all reacting to our circumstances).

I'm not saying this to defend Henne or make excuses for him. I believe rather than demoting Henne again, or finng Sparano, the measure of production and the direction of the offense STARTS WITH and ENDS WITH how the Offensive Coordinator does HIS job. This team is so talented. Despite our offensive woes at times this year, I believe still believe we have the personnel who are hungry enough to get it done, but they're not being utilized to their strengths, a responsiblity of the OC.

We all saw what a change the defense has made. Apart from a couple of meltdowns, our defense has been competitive enough to win us ball games this year. This is directly attributable to Mike Nolan, who I feel has done a great job turning things around (nearly a top-5 defense for the first time in a while). I think with the right OC, who would design an offense that takes advantage of the personnel talent we ALREADY HAVE, we could go far as well. I know everything offensively will be evaluated at the end of this season (as has been posted already)...I just hope that it starts with an unbiased, objective evaluation of Dan Henning (not just our fans' view - which we all know), based on RESULTS (have him defend his own body of work) and where he thinks this offense can go going forward.

For the record (unofficially), some of the mock drafts for next year project Cam Newton to the Dolphins, but even more are projecting Mark Ingram (RB, Alabama). We know the offense will undergo an overhaul, including hopefully drafting playmakers like that. Regardless of what ultimately happens with all that, I hope Henne will be given the chance to thrive under a different OC who will allow him to use the talents he has. it's worked for defense...why not the offense?

The one question I have is...would Sparano (or Ross even) make the obvious call to fire Henning and look for bigger and better things for the offense in 2011? If so, who could we pursue for an OC?

Thanks for listening...go Fins!

ok, we get mark sanchez blows, but that does not make henne good and that does not solve our problems. we still need a qb.

Back
Top Bottom