Henson a serious option.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson a serious option..........

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Dolphins | Near the Top in the Henson Derby? - from www.KFFL.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 23:06:52 -0800

Updating ongoing reports, Carlton Thompson, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Miami Dolphins appear to be one of the teams most interested in former Michigan QB Drew Henson.

I like this talk better than the Ramsey talk.

Originally posted by chambers84

I like this talk better than the Ramsey talk.

Ya that makes sense, because Henson playing baseball the last 2 years should do alot more for him, then Ramsey playing...ummmm in the NFL for the last 2 years.

All I have to say is that Ramsey must not be that good if Washington is going to trade him away for an aging Brunell, because it's not like Washington has a shot at the Super Bowl within the next 2 years or so. Henson is a much better prospect than when Hutchinson was when he came out after a football absence. ALSO, we won't trade a first round pick for Henson, compared to the talk of us trading a first round pick for Ramsey.

Ramsey=A better version of Fiedler which = a 3rd/4th round pick at best. NOT a first round pick!

I think Ramsey fits in the middle there somewhere. I could see giving up a middle second rounder as a feasible option for any team looking to upgrade from a "Jay Fielder" sort of situation.

I will not cry and complain if we make the deal for Ramsey however because change is change, in this case change is a good thing. I think Ramsey has shown some potential and he is an obvious upgrade over our current situation.

You nailed it with the argument that something isn't right with the kid if they are shopping for prospects such as Dilfer and Garcia. That means that they are not just enamoured with Brunell, it means that they are not impressed with what Ramsey has to offer.

I'm not buying the whole "He wants a veteran QB"crap, I think he wants the man who he thinks can win the most games next season and it's pretty obvious he's not sold on Ramsey. Gibbs is a smart man who I think you can rest assurred saw every single game Ramsey QB'd last season.

The Difference with us and Washington is that they need a Pro-Bowl QB to go all the way, we just need someone to manage the Offense and let our team win as a team.

Originally posted by chambers84
All I have to say is that Ramsey must not be that good if Washington is going to trade him away for an aging Brunell, because it's not like Washington has a shot at the Super Bowl within the next 2 years or so. Henson is a much better prospect than when Hutchinson was when he came out after a football absence. ALSO, we won't trade a first round pick for Henson, compared to the talk of us trading a first round pick for Ramsey.

Ramsey=A better version of Fiedler which = a 3rd/4th round pick at best. NOT a first round pick!

They don't want to trade Ramsey.

we should stick with my plan, drafting Rivers and giving him a shot to start

Originally posted by Lukin

They don't want to trade Ramsey.

I think they're just posturing to drive up the value. Given that we're reportedly offering a #1, they appear to have succeeded. In any event, keeping Ramsey makes no sense for them, especially when they have plenty of holes to fill. The Skins should (and I think, will) take that #1 pick and draft a running back, or trade down with it and use some picks to trade for Corey Dillon or Travis Henry (Henry would obviously be more expensive).

Originally posted by nick19991
we should stick with my plan, drafting Rivers and giving him a shot to start

Nothing to say except that your sig rules! LOL!

I LOVE the henson idea however its dependant on getting a vet qb. I dont know any vets that are reasonable other than Brunell. I am still hoping for
Brunell/Henson/Sage
or
Brunell/Ray/Henson

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I LOVE the henson idea however its dependant on getting a vet qb. I dont know any vets that are reasonable other than Brunell. I am still hoping for
Brunell/Henson/Sage
or
Brunell/Ray/Henson

Brunell's a goner. If Washington is talking contract, it probably means he's on board with what they want to do, and J-Ville is okay with what they're offering. Things COULD break down, but I'd bet against it.

There are vets who may come available, though, besides Brunell. Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon are all possibilities to be released. You can debate the merits of who would be best for the Phins, but all are possibilities.

Originally posted by phunwin

I think they're just posturing to drive up the value. Given that we're reportedly offering a #1, they appear to have succeeded. In any event, keeping Ramsey makes no sense for them, especially when they have plenty of holes to fill. The Skins should (and I think, will) take that #1 pick and draft a running back, or trade down with it and use some picks to trade for Corey Dillon or Travis Henry (Henry would obviously be more expensive).

I don't think so. I'd have a hard time believing Gibbs won 3 superbowls by being that stupid. He just wants a Vet QB for right now but Ramsey is the future. No way they trade Ramsey.

Originally posted by phunwin

Brunell's a goner. If Washington is talking contract, it probably means he's on board with what they want to do, and J-Ville is okay with what they're offering. Things COULD break down, but I'd bet against it.

There are vets who may come available, though, besides Brunell. Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon are all possibilities to be released. You can debate the merits of who would be best for the Phins, but all are possibilities.

Fine with a different vet but not all options. Johnson & Gannon I like but Garcia and Warner come with too many issues.

Rumor has it that the Raiders are interested in Henson as well...I hope Norv pulls a fast 1 on Wanny that would be Hilarious!!:saberfigh

Back
Top Bottom