Henson headed back to the Draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson headed back to the Draft?

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Henson heading back to draft...Until very recently most of the buzz around the NFL was that unsigned Houston QB Drew Henson was almost certain to be signed and traded by Houston before the 2004 draft. Of course, if he isn't signed by April 23rd, Henson will go back into the 2004 draft field. For the first time, though, the Henson camp appears to sounding like just maybe Henson will indeed be back in this year's draft. The premise behind the earlier thinking was that Henson would be much better off being able to pick the team he wanted to play with. So far, however, his options appear to be rather limited in that regard as only Dallas and Cleveland have even gone so far as to agree to have him in for a workout. St.Louis did have him in for a meet and greet interview yesterday, but the Rams would appear to have too many other concerns at QB dealing with the controversies surrounding incumbent starter Marc Bulger and former starter Kurt Warner. At the heart of the matter is that fact that Henson wants to be paid like a #1 pick, but as a 6th round selection last April, needs a very creative deal to get around the salary cap limitations that come with being a low-round pick. Tom Condon, Henson's agent, has been floating some ideas about a 10-15 year deal with lots of guarantees down the road, but NFL teams don't seem to be keen on that kind of commitment to a player who has not played in 3 years. In the end, it may be that the only way Henson gets paid like a #1 pick is to actually be a #1 selection.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

I don't see him going in the first round with the other QBs ahead of him. I think his agent got too greedy.

he will get paid more if he is drafted in the first 3 rounds. It is a better situation for Henson, unless he REALLY wanted to play somewhere.

I guess the media just really didnt take a look at the obstacles in the way of the sign and trade. Buffalo would take him if they were presented with a feasible contract. The agent is coming up with outlandish contracts that will ultimately be challenged an ruled on by an arbitrator.

I hope he goes in the 1st and pushes Rivers down to us :)

Back
Top Bottom