Herald Reports Jordan Cameron's two-year contract with the Dolphins a "mirage. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herald Reports Jordan Cameron's two-year contract with the Dolphins a "mirage.

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Miami Herald considers the 2016 portion of Jordan Cameron's two-year contract with the Dolphins a "mirage."

Cameron's deal was announced as two years and $15 million. But his cap charge is only $4.5 million this year while the 2016 number is $9.5 million. Furthermore, Cameron's $7.5 million 2016 base salary doesn't become fully guaranteed until the second day of the new league year. Unless he stays injury-free and produces at a high level, there's a good chance we'll be talking about Cameron as a cap casualty 11 months from now.

Source: Miami Herald
Apr 2 - 11:46 AM

isnt that what we expected??? if he cant stay healthy (concussion wise more than anything else) he'll end up being a one year rental...i know i did

Smh miamis sports journalism is pathetic.

All NFL contracts are a "mirage". There's no story here. We knew this when he signed here.

Thanks Miami Herald!

Looking forward to their report on how if the Dolphins score more points than the other team, they usually win the game.

I wonder why we didn't make that 2nd year a club option like the Patriots always do?

Uhh....ok?

I thought his game-day active incentive which basically makes up all of the non-guaranteed money gave this away.

Thanks for the additional info.

Contract structure basically screams this is a 1-year deal if he can even stay healthy.

I wonder why we didn't make that 2nd year a club option like the Patriots always do?

Because the player has to agree to it as well, and I am sure Cameron wanted more assurance than to give Miami a club option.

probably because to match clevelands offer which we did exactly to my understanding we couldn't...even if he stays healthy year 1 i smell a restructure on an extension in 2016 vs that large cap number...it's pretty obvious cleveland his old team wanted to protect itself with those terms but probably had to make a small if you are here day 2 of the new league year in 2016 concession

Seems like a really good contract . . . and a prove it deal.

If he can't keep healthy, you can get out after one year . . . . if he has a pro bowl year, he will be worth the 9.5 million in 2016 . . . or you can restructure a deal to extend him further.

Don't see what the Herald is pointing out here.

This was obvious from the get go. God the offseason can get boring.

In other news today...

s-OBVIOUS-HEADLINES-large.jpg

obvious+headlines1247.png

obvious_headlines1248-1.jpg

deathkiller.jpg

Surprised this was not on BREAKING NEWS.

Sark Attack. LOL

I understand what Armando is trying to say . . . . he's just an idiot for using the Jordan contract as a supporting example.

Fact is, Dion Sims play last year gave this team the opportunity to roll the dice on a guy, who if healthy, is probably a top 3 TE behind Gronk and JG. They also have a 5th round pick from 2014 who should be healthy this year and provide some depth.

Yea, maybe Cameron has a concussion in the preseason and Lynch sucks . . . . but we'll cross that bridge if/when we get there. There are just so many other taxing issues that don't require the playing of devil's advocate to understand the position needs addressing.

This is a typical "offseason" article. After that early rookie mini camp in May . . . . that 2.5 month stretch to training camp is going to be a rough one.

Back
Top Bottom