HERALD: The J.J. blueprint | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HERALD: The J.J. blueprint

Dolfan954

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
LINK

''We want to accumulate as much young talent as we can,'' Spielman said. ``If we're going to give money to people, we want to give it to those players coming into the prime of their careers. And that's what we've done so far [in free agency]. We've accumulated talent that is young and will peak all at about the same time.

Interesting article. We'll see if it pays dividends.

As a player, Scouts Inc did not have a very high opinion of Reggie Howard. I don't know if he's a sleeper or what. Isn't Terry Cousin also available didnt he get benched in favor of Ricky Manning Jr? I remember Cousin played some lights out football for us when he was our nickel CB.

I do like the idea tho of us having 3 starting caliber CBs on our roster for the price we were about to pay for 2 corners...because of Madison's restructure.

Overall tho who here wishes we'd re-signed Terry Cousin for the price Carolina paid back in offseason 2002?

He played great for us in 2001 then Carolina gave him starter money but it was still cheap, and overall its cheaper than what we ended up giving Reggie Howard.

I tend to agree with Rick that keeping the players young is important, as a player gets old in the NFL really fast. But, we need to be careful as well.

Remember young doesn't mean good.

IIRC, Cousin wanted a chance to start. And Carolina gave him that opportunity (obviously wasn't going to happen here.

Yeah but I do remember us having the opportunity to re-sign him at the same price that Carolina was offering but we just plain decided he wasn't worth the starting caliber money Carolina gave.

Terry cousin is bad, i saw a lot of carolina games last year. Not only was he replaced for a reason, but when he moved to the nickel back he was still getting beat. He may have had some moments here in miami, but there is no question i would rather have reggie howard as our nickel back(or #2 with surtain at the nickel)... Howard will not get beat deep, his technique is flawless, he doesn't make the big play interception wise, thats why people are down on him. However, you won't see him on the ESPN highlight reel with troy brown looking over his shoulder at him as he scores the game winning td in OT, and if there is a 3rd and 8 and they throw at howard, they may make the catch, but it will be short of the first down marker because howard is smart, has good technique, and can tackle. This pick will never be looked at as a great signing since hes not flashy and enough people havent seen enough of him to focus on him, but the kid can play, and i think it will go a long way for improving our defense, now and in the future.

Originally posted by Muck
IIRC, Cousin wanted a chance to start. And Carolina gave him that opportunity (obviously wasn't going to happen here.
What is IIRC short for?

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Overall tho who here wishes we'd re-signed Terry Cousin for the price Carolina paid back in offseason 2002?

He played great for us in 2001 then Carolina gave him starter money but it was still cheap, and overall its cheaper than what we ended up giving Reggie Howard.

I never wished him to leave.

Originally posted by PhinKev
I tend to agree with Rick that keeping the players young is important, as a player gets old in the NFL really fast. But, we need to be careful as well.

Remember young doesn't mean good.

Let's see....................... Zack to SD for their 1st. JT to Oak for their 2nd and Madison to AZ for their 7th rnd pick !!!

:D :goof:

JJ always felt that if you can move down and get more players then you have a better chance to hit on half of them and I'm all for it. I liked the fact that he always wanted more picks unlike Wanny who's always willing to give them away. But Now Rick's in charge and I think we'll have a good draft.

Ozzy rules!!

I think that picking up Reggie was a GREAT MOVE!!!!!

Originally posted by Dolfan954
What is IIRC short for?
Let me think,if I recall correctly, it is short for "if I recall correctly".....;)

Back
Top Bottom