heralds pole: miami's toughest AFC East opponent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

heralds pole: miami's toughest AFC East opponent

nevadadolfan

You my boy Blue!
Joined
Mar 25, 2005
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Location
Reno
The Herald has a pole out on who you think is Miami's toughest AFC East opponent is. My first reaction was The Jets and was a little suprised when the patriots had the lead with something like 80%. Now I know its kinda hard to predict given we have a new coach, defense, and TEAM!!! But we have always played New England pretty well regardless. What do all you think? Who will we have trouble against this year and why. And try not to mention Ricky, Im sick of hearing about him!!
 

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
21,995
Reaction score
922
Location
Maryland
nevadadolfan said:
The Herald has a pole out on who you think is Miami's toughest AFC East opponent is. My first reaction was The Jets and was a little suprised when the patriots had the lead with something like 80%. Now I know its kinda hard to predict given we have a new coach, defense, and TEAM!!! But we have always played New England pretty well regardless. What do all you think? Who will we have trouble against this year and why. And try not to mention Ricky, Im sick of hearing about him!!

You're right, Brady has only avg. a 58% rating against our D..it's funny, but we play them tougher than anyother team in the afce. I would say our toughest opponent in the afce is the jets, based on the last 10 years.
 

Trackstar

Second String
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
1,897
Reaction score
0
Age
35
Location
I'm out
I hate to say this but, Imo the Jills will be tough competion this year. If Losman plays well, they could have a potent offense.
 

PassRush

Drunken Sailor
Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
3,704
Reaction score
2
Age
34
Location
Portsmouth, VA
Jets. If Pennington stays healthy the Jets could be a force this year. I dont worry about the Bills too much and no matter how good the Patriots have been they have never liked having to play us. As some of you know, Tom Brady is in my extended family and one of the few times that I have talked to him he said that Patriots camp is crazy around Dolphins week. Our press coverage gives him headaches
 

finsmx

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
3,118
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
Monterrey, Mexico
Trackstar said:
I hate to say this but, Imo the Jills will be tough competion this year. If Losman plays well, they could have a potent offense.

i agree with you, this season it's gonna be the bills our toughest rival
 

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
30,212
Reaction score
7
Location
Elsewhere
It is and always will be the Jets.
 

Yoda

Master of the Force am I
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Location
In a galaxy far, far away
nevadadolfan said:
The Herald has a pole out on who you think is Miami's toughest AFC East opponent is. My first reaction was The Jets and was a little suprised when the patriots had the lead with something like 80%. Now I know its kinda hard to predict given we have a new coach, defense, and TEAM!!! But we have always played New England pretty well regardless. What do all you think? Who will we have trouble against this year and why. And try not to mention Ricky, Im sick of hearing about him!!

The Patriots ........automatic this answer is.......
 

fins1

Sec 145 Row 20 Seats5,6
Club Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
386
Location
daytona beach
The jets are the most hated. But based on their superbowl wins people pick NE.
 

jlfin

old pro
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
9,602
Reaction score
1,150
Age
59
Location
windermere
MDFINFAN said:
You're right, Brady has only avg. a 58% rating against our D..it's funny, but we play them tougher than anyother team in the afce. I would say our toughest opponent in the afce is the jets, based on the last 10 years.

We play them tough because individually they are not as talented as people make them out to be. The Pats win because they scheme and game plan better than any other team and they create confusion and mismatches. The Dolphins match up well with them one on one.
Miami was able to play tight man to man coverage against their average receivers, which gave their front 7 the opportunity to change things up on Brady. When he is consistently pressured, Brady is an average QB at best (not unlike Feeley) and he will make mistakes. He is not Marino, nor is he the second coming of Joe Montana. Brady cannot carry this team on his shoulders and get by on physical ability like Marino or Elway could.
 

Mike13

I am a golden god
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
23,220
Reaction score
196
Age
33
Location
Miami, FL
nevadadolfan said:
The Herald has a pole out on who you think is Miami's toughest AFC East opponent is. My first reaction was The Jets and was a little suprised when the patriots had the lead with something like 80%. Now I know its kinda hard to predict given we have a new coach, defense, and TEAM!!! But we have always played New England pretty well regardless. What do all you think? Who will we have trouble against this year and why. And try not to mention Ricky, Im sick of hearing about him!!

The Jets. The J.E.T.S S. U.C.K M.Y N.U.T.S
 
Top Bottom