heralds pole: miami's toughest AFC East opponent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

heralds pole: miami's toughest AFC East opponent

nevadadolfan

You my boy Blue!
Reaction score
The Herald has a pole out on who you think is Miami's toughest AFC East opponent is. My first reaction was The Jets and was a little suprised when the patriots had the lead with something like 80%. Now I know its kinda hard to predict given we have a new coach, defense, and TEAM!!! But we have always played New England pretty well regardless. What do all you think? Who will we have trouble against this year and why. And try not to mention Ricky, Im sick of hearing about him!!

nevadadolfan said:
The Herald has a pole out on who you think is Miami's toughest AFC East opponent is. My first reaction was The Jets and was a little suprised when the patriots had the lead with something like 80%. Now I know its kinda hard to predict given we have a new coach, defense, and TEAM!!! But we have always played New England pretty well regardless. What do all you think? Who will we have trouble against this year and why. And try not to mention Ricky, Im sick of hearing about him!!

You're right, Brady has only avg. a 58% rating against our D..it's funny, but we play them tougher than anyother team in the afce. I would say our toughest opponent in the afce is the jets, based on the last 10 years.

I hate to say this but, Imo the Jills will be tough competion this year. If Losman plays well, they could have a potent offense.

Jets. If Pennington stays healthy the Jets could be a force this year. I dont worry about the Bills too much and no matter how good the Patriots have been they have never liked having to play us. As some of you know, Tom Brady is in my extended family and one of the few times that I have talked to him he said that Patriots camp is crazy around Dolphins week. Our press coverage gives him headaches

Trackstar said:
I hate to say this but, Imo the Jills will be tough competion this year. If Losman plays well, they could have a potent offense.

i agree with you, this season it's gonna be the bills our toughest rival

It is and always will be the Jets.

nevadadolfan said:

The Patriots ........automatic this answer is.......

The jets are the most hated. But based on their superbowl wins people pick NE.

MDFINFAN said:
You're right, Brady has only avg. a 58% rating against our D..it's funny, but we play them tougher than anyother team in the afce. I would say our toughest opponent in the afce is the jets, based on the last 10 years.

We play them tough because individually they are not as talented as people make them out to be. The Pats win because they scheme and game plan better than any other team and they create confusion and mismatches. The Dolphins match up well with them one on one.
Miami was able to play tight man to man coverage against their average receivers, which gave their front 7 the opportunity to change things up on Brady. When he is consistently pressured, Brady is an average QB at best (not unlike Feeley) and he will make mistakes. He is not Marino, nor is he the second coming of Joe Montana. Brady cannot carry this team on his shoulders and get by on physical ability like Marino or Elway could.

nevadadolfan said:

The Jets. The J.E.T.S S. U.C.K M.Y N.U.T.S

Back
Top Bottom