Herbert Shines In Front Of Dolphins Brass First Senior Bowl Practice | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herbert Shines In Front Of Dolphins Brass First Senior Bowl Practice

Just like Tannehill was done? A good rule of thumb is to take what you say about a QB and apply the opposite. Chances are you’ll be right.
well it doesn't matter what I think or you think. None of us are Gm. Thill17 was not that good as dolphins
.everybody need fresh start sometime Why are u so high on injury players anyway.

Ideal world qb and left tackle top 2 picks. Pick 18 for the left tackle if I can keep it and still get my qb. Worst case I can roll with Jesse Davis as a serviceable problems vs speed off the edge right tackle option for a year.

If I can get my qb and a left tackle on day 1 imo it’s mission accomplished
Thomas Wirfs Jones Becton- one may drop to 18.

He really helped his stock with his play today...I’m thinking the bengals may even consider drafting him. This could really make the bengals think of moving back a few spots in the draft.

NCAA%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png

Justin Herbert QB, College Player

Oregon QB Justin Herbert was named the 2020 Senior Bowl MVP.

Herbert was considered the best quarterback prospect at the event with Joe Burrow and Tua Tagovailoa not participating, and he lived up to the hype. Not only did Herbert bring home the MVP trophy of the game, but he was also named the practice player of the week. Herbert is on track to be a fringe top-10 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Source: NFL Draft on Twitter

Jan 25, 2020, 6:01 PM ET

I suspect Herbert is now solidly in the top 5-10 picks. He performed well during the practices and in the game. He's apparently working with some very good QB coaches to prepare for the NFL and it may be paying dividends?

This draft reminds me of the Eli draft. All hype for Burrows and Tua. Herbert has size and skill and is built for NFL. Remember it was Big Ben who was the guy in that draft, I think Herbert could very well be the guy in this one. I hope we pick him at 5.

Daniel Jones excelled last year in the senior bowl i believe, I just think if we pick Herbert we are going to hear nonstop complaining by the majority of the fanbase.. The guy is a good but not great NFL player imo and we all know that isn't good enough around here..

I would compare Herbert to Sam Darnold or Daniel Jones in all honesty, Could be a 25 td + but won't carry a team to the win another tannehill.. I wouldn't mind picking him if i didn't think Tua and Burrow have the potential to be great but i just know if we were to pick Herbert its going to be super annoying around this forum for the next 4 years.
It's tough to tell. You make great points. The Senior Bowl strips defenses of complexity so those QB's who are less productive in the face of good defenses tend to crumble in the NFL, but excel in these all-star games. But by the same token, any QB limited by the offense he ran in college--or believed to have artificially been boosted by the offense he ran in college--can prove that they're not just system QB's.

I have serious reservations about Herbert, and you touched on some important ones. But, he has the highest ceiling of any QB in this draft, and he did prove that he's not just an Oregon-System guy with his great practices and game performance. All in all, this has to raise his stock .... because we have a tad less concern about how he'll do outside of that forgiving bubble-screen heavy Oregon system.

Herbert seems redundant with Rosen. Nobody can question Rosen's physical ability and if we're just going with that then we have a guy on our roster who's on par with any prospect.
We need a guy with next-level poise and a guy who can handle pressure and be clutch.
From what Im told, Tua is the only slam-dunk in that department. With Rosen and Fitz here, we have the luxury of taking Tua at 5 and if he isnt there then let's punt on QB until our second 2nd-round pick.
We need TALENT brought into the building at every position other than WR.

Back
Top Bottom