*Herbert vs Tua megathread* | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Herbert vs Tua megathread*

superphin

don't go clown shoes on us
Club Member
Reaction score
Sure and Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan...might as well throw add Jonathan Taylor and Justin Jefferson in to the mix. Not staying put in 1998 and taking Randy Moss. Taking Daryl Gardner in 1996 when Ray Lewis was there. Trading for Rosen instead of staying put and taking McCoy when we needed a C and STILL DO. Taking Charles Harris instead of T.J. Watt. The list of draft regrets is long.

Last edited:

PhinFan1968

DF4L
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Who is we?

He played the same behind a good and bad OL, with much better targets and a strong RB. Having a big arm can overcome some OL dysfunction, especially if they can throw well on the move…and he can.

Holding regret for those types of decisions doesn’t change anything. You gotta support and build around what you have until it’s proven it won’t work.

At the time of the draft, the ONLY negative on Tua was the hip injury. Without that there would have been a lot of debate between he and Burrow…with Herbert an afterthought.

Herbert’s own team didn’t trust him to start until they had no choice…they just got lucky as hell in that Herbert caught fire and did much better than anybody thought he would.

Hindsight is what it is…nobody has a crystal ball.

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Sure and Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan...might as well throw add Jonathan Taylor and Justin Jefferson to the mix. Not staying put in 1998 and taking Randy Moss. Taking Daryl Gardner in 1996 when Ray Lewis was there. Trading for Rosen instead of staying put and taking McCoy when we needed a C and STILL DO. Taking Charles Harris instead of T.J. Watt. The list of draft regrets is long.
And taking Jamar Fletcher over every single eligible player at every position after him.

Travis34

chea
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Sure and Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan...might as well throw add Jonathan Taylor and Justin Jefferson to the mix. Not staying put in 1998 and taking Randy Moss. Taking Daryl Gardner in 1996 when Ray Lewis was there. Trading for Rosen instead of staying put and taking McCoy when we needed a C and STILL DO. Taking Charles Harris instead of T.J. Watt. The list of draft regrets is long.
Hindsight sucks

The thing that sucks more is so many of those are players we wanted and our FH brethren could compile such a better draft than what we’ve had

Taylor over igbo easily in recent memory.

Can’t fault them a ton for the Rosen trade- they took a swing. But a ton of us (myself included) were begging for McCoy at that pick. He was there!

How about dion Jordan over anyone?

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Hindsight sucks

The thing that sucks more is so many of those are players we wanted and our FH brethren could compile such a better draft than what we’ve had

Taylor over igbo easily in recent memory.

Can’t fault them a ton for the Rosen trade- they took a swing. But a ton of us (myself included) were begging for McCoy at that pick. He was there!

How about dion Jordan over anyone?
Dion Jordan. That draft was awful. Every pick was a dud. Picks and money!!!

DOLFAN_51

Die Hard Fan
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
No. I honestly don’t think his ceiling is higher. It’s just different. I can see Herbert being a Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Aaron Rogers, or Matt Ryan type. All are probably hall of fame players. But I can see Tua being a Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Steve Young, or Kirk Cousins type.

The bottom line is one guy went to a team that had a top 10 offense before he arrived and the other guy went to a team with a bottom of the league offense. Only time will tell who is going to be the better player. We’ve seen Herbert put up great numbers with great players. And we’ve seen Tua win games with sub par players. If Tua can continue to win with improved production that would elevate him in my book. And if Herbert continues to improve as players seek out bigger contracts elsewhere that would elevate him in my book.

The bottom line is Tua has as many career pass attempts as Herbert had this season. Which basically means he just finished his “rookie” campaign. Which most people expected when he was drafted. 2020 would be a get healthy year. 2021 would be a get used to the speed of the game year. And 2022 would be the year we should see him settled in as a top 10 QB. I still see that happening. But everyone has a right to their own opinion.

Rev Kev

Smile If You Love Men's Prostates
Club Member
Reaction score
The cherry picking
The cherry picking of Grier’s 2021 hits is sketchy so 2021 draft was the anomaly not the norm

The facts are he was ok bringing Flo in and I don’t trust him

Top Bottom