Here Are Some Miami Dolphins Deserving Of A Longer Look. And 10 Takeaways From Opener | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here Are Some Miami Dolphins Deserving Of A Longer Look. And 10 Takeaways From Opener

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
151112803-e1346540482892.jpg

▪ If I’m Dolphins defensive coaches, I want more extensive evaluations (against higher-quality competition) of at least four players that intrigue me: defensive ends Jonathan Ledbetter and Dwayne Hendrix and second-year cornerbacks Cornell Armstrong and Jalen Davis. And linebacker Tre’ Watson could be included in that group, too.

All played late in Thursday’s game. All warrant greater evaluation against better players — meaning the first half — of next week’s game at Tampa Bay.

Hendrix (27 snaps Thursday) has applied a consistent pass rush throughout training camp and continued that with two sacks Thursday, including one that set up Miami’s winning drive. Beyond the sacks Thursday, he had “a handful of more pressures on limited pass-rushing snaps,” according to Pro Football Focus.

Hendrix had eight sacks in 28 college games at Tennessee and Pittsburgh, and he was far more impactful — albeit against worse players — than Charles Harris.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article232662932.html

Back
Top Bottom