Here Goes Nothing... Positive Spin on RW Debacle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here Goes Nothing... Positive Spin on RW Debacle

Super_Duper85

Deep Threat
Reaction score
Is Travis Minor better than Lamar Smith??? I know he is no Ricky Williams, but we did advance to the second round of the playoffs in Wanny's first year with Lamar Smith as the rb. Also, since Ricy got here we have yet to make the playoffs. Maybe Ricky leaving will take the pressure off of us as nobody will expect us to be any good. We still have a great defense; we just have to be ultra conservative on offense now....

You've got this take ALL wrong.

(1) The Miami offense has been designed as a POWER running game. Lamar Smith was a power back. Travis Minor is not.

(2) If we go ultra-conservative on offense, we won't score 10 points a game. Our defense is not good enough to be on the field 45 minutes a game. Therefore, the future for this team is to become much more AGGRESSIVE. Spread the field in a single-back attack and play to our strengths -- Chambers, McMichael, and Boston.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
You've got this take ALL wrong.

(1) The Miami offense has been designed as a POWER running game. Lamar Smith was a power back. Travis Minor is not.

(2) If we go ultra-conservative on offense, we won't score 10 points a game. Our defense is not good enough to be on the field 45 minutes a game. Therefore, the future for this team is to become much more AGGRESSIVE. Spread the field in a single-back attack and play to our strengths -- Chambers, McMichael, and Boston.
Exactly, although Smith wasn't the best back he was a power back. Agreed.

We have to get a capable back in here asap, via trade. I don't care what we have to give up for it. It's neccessity to this offense.

I live in LA and have now witnessed my two favorite teams lose their franchise players. I feel that in the long run the Lakers will still be competitive and way more fun to watch without Shaq, and I hope the same can be said of my beloved Phins. Yes, we're going to have a tough go of it this year. No doubt. But our defense will keep us competitive and maybe DW is up to the challenge of adjusting the offense so that it is more balanced and aggressive. I am sick of trying to run out the clock in the 3rd quarter in an effort to preserve a field goal advantage only to have the defense tire out and lose on a late score. If you grew up watching Marino and the Marks Bros., and the Hurricanes then you have to feel the same way. term.

Back
Top Bottom