Here We Go Again: Devante Parker Has Fresh Start | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here We Go Again: Devante Parker Has Fresh Start

He’s just such an immature person it trickles down to everything he does as a pro..Just not intuitive enough to get the smaller details that have to be worked on to become a real good pro..so talented but really immature..

I thought he would be much better than he is..

Very smart resigning, we need his size and he is still the most talented receiver on the team.

In 2 years, value wise this contract could easily go down as one of the best 2 year contracts that was given in the entire league.

If he stays hurt (real problem) you probably cut him after this year and move on with a minimal dead cap hit, well worth the risk on his immense talent.

Very smart resigning, we need his size and he is still the most talented receiver on the team.

In 2 years, value wise this contract could easily go down as one of the best 2 year contracts that was given in the entire league.

If he stays hurt (real problem) you probably cut him after this year and move on with a minimal dead cap hit, well worth the risk on his immense talent.

Wow. You have really high expectations for him. Given what we’ve seen so far I’m gonna rein in my expectations.

Wow. You have really high expectations for him. Given what we’ve seen so far I’m gonna rein in my expectations.

Eh, I know he's been a huge disappoint so far and he may continue to disappoint.

But at the end of the day getting a player with his size/speed/ball skills on a 2 year, 10 million deal is practically unheard of, he basically owes us this cheap contract the way he's under-performed.

I know there are plenty of other guys (Kevin White) that never live up to their talent and draft status whether it be injuries or what not, but there's only a handful of guys in the league that can make plays like this...

Eh, I know he's been a huge disappoint so far and he may continue to disappoint.

But at the end of the day getting a player with his size/speed/ball skills on a 2 year, 10 million deal is practically unheard of, he basically owes us this cheap contract the way he's under-performed.

I know there are plenty of other guys (Kevin White) that never live up to their talent and draft status whether it be injuries or what not, but there's only a handful of guys in the league that can make plays like this...

When he finds those "Ball skills" we are in business.

When he finds those "Ball skills" we are in business.

He had like 2 drops in his entire career at Louisville, his hands are generally not a problem imo.

Separation and injuries are the concern, but when you think about it taking him out of our lineup pretty much makes our receiving corps like the 7 dwarfs, no bueno.

Gots to be, 6' 3"!

He had like 2 drops in his entire career at Louisville, his hands are generally not a problem imo.

Separation and injuries are the concern, but when you think about it taking him out of our lineup pretty much makes our receiving corps like the 7 dwarfs, no bueno.

Gots to be, 6 '3!

Its not the drops, its the fact that he doesnt fight for the ball.

I want to see him do well, trust me. The injuries have been a problem, as well as his route running and lack of fight. He needs to play with more physicality.

Maybe if Fitz can force him the ball more we will see some more fight out of him, but I suspect that is the reason Tanny didnt force it to him as much, he was worried about parker allowing a pick rather than fight for those jump balls.

Parker's problem is between the ears...

Obviously his confidence has been shattered
and he's never going to be known for his tuff
mind.

If the new staff can help him psychologically
and get him "pumped up" in the head and
significantly sharpen his focus...

We'll see.

Big opportunity for the new staff to prove their chops!

BNF

Its not the drops, its the fact that he doesnt fight for the ball.

I want to see him do well, trust me. The injuries have been a problem, as well as his route running and lack of fight. He needs to play with more physicality.

Maybe if Fitz can force him the ball more we will see some more fight out of him, but I suspect that is the reason Tanny didnt force it to him as much, he was worried about parker allowing a pick rather than fight for those jump balls.

Yea that's true he's gotta be more physical, I have faith, he's still young.

But it's not a Kevin White situation (mostly due to injuries) where you haven't seen ANY flashes over the past 4 years, the talent is still there imo.

Last edited:
I've had this exact same thought. At some point, Tannehill should have just said, "Ehh, **** it," and just started throwing bombs, play calling be damned.

I actually said this in regards to jakeem and Wilson if they come back healthy, hes just going to throw it out there regardless of whether or not they do outrun their man, or have a safety over the top, cause f--k it eh.

and in comparisons to RT, two way different scenarios. what we were all waiting on from RT was pocket presence, and that doesn't just show up, he never really built anything, other than a couple slight improvements he was the same QB last year as his rookie year. And im not knocking him, Ill pull for RT wherever he goes as logn as it isn't playing against us. think he could be really good to great still,,,,he just needs 10 really good to great players around him.

With DVP its pure immature with him, the way he takes care of himself and also the way he seems to carry himself as a kid on social media. I know just because someone isn't posting out they are training 24-7 doesn't mean they are not, im not naïve. But you can tell when people to seem to have maturity issues, and the difference between that and RT is that maturity can change in the snap of a fingers, you wake up one day say "Grow the f--k up Devante, you signed a 6 million dollar contract, you cost your self 30 million or more cause you don't want to take this game serious, lets do it, game on" and then *snap* I think maturity can be developed over time, but I think at some point we all just make the conscious decision "lets do it, game on" and then try to *snap* at least

Gots to be, 6' 3"!
Heart is the biggest concern. He couldn't(wouldn't) fight when Jarvis was here, hes a beta at best. Likely a C option given uncertainties.

I personally think we’ve seen the best out of Parker. About 500 yards a season, a good second/third option.

I would love to be proven wrong though.

The saddest part is yes, he has top 10 talent. That doesn't amount to anything if you dont embrace everything it is that comes with that status.

It's funny why people wondered why I loved Jarvis so much. It's just because when he played for us it felt like I was watching offense & defense. It felt like a warzone out there. Even on plays he didnt catch the BALL, I noticed him almost every play.

That's exactly how a top 10 status position player is pronounced. Not even a little fire was rubbing off on Parker, & hes more talented. Crazy.

Back
Top Bottom