Here we go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here we go

ryyyan24

Starter
Reaction score
All I want here is a name and how far the team will go witht that QB. Who do you think will start the 2004 season for the Dolphins at Quaterback? Just a name and a guess at how far they will go, I've heard all the reasons, but I just want a good guess. I say AJ Feeley and to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Feeley, Division Champs, lose Conference Championship.

No, I'm not a homer. Barring a major injury, we should get there.

Feeley...and All The Way!!!!!!!!

Bryan Minehart
AP Sports, Miami Bureau

Two weeks after bringing Miami it's first NFL Championship since crushing Minnesota in Super Bowl VIII, the ringing hasnt yet left AJ Feeley's ears. "I still cant believe we actually won the whole damn thing," says Feeley. "I can remember way back in May when most fans thought the wheels were coming off the train. But never, not once, did anyone on this team believe for one instant that we wouldnt win. Heck, even our defense was predicting that they would be the best defense to ever play the game, and statistically, they backed up every word. Im just so happy that I could be part of such a great team."

In fact, Feeley was right on about how most observors felt about Miami's chances back in April and May. Most NFL execs had raised eyebrows when Miami decided to trade away a second round draft pick for the once third string QB of the Philadelphia Eagles. "I suppose the Eagles might think they let one get away after Feeley torched them two weeks ago," jests Rick Speilman, Miami's GM. I just had a feeling...no pun intended. The first few QB camps were rough on AJ as he got used to our system, but from the first pre season game on, he looked every bit the part of a Super Bowl MVP. Hey, I took a chance...but AJ backed me up. The fans in Miami deserved this championsip. We are going to do our darndest to keep it here where it belongs."

Feeley's season ending statistics were guady in and of themselves, but it was his leadership that really pulled this team together. After finishing the season with just over 4,000 yards passing and 18 Tds compared to just 9 int's, Feeley was narrowley edged out by his own team mate Ricky Williams for the NFL's MVP.

"Its ironic, but for such a soft spoken guy like Ricky, he sure can yell loud. Thats why my ears wont stop ringing. He kept screaming in my ears after we had won. Oh, well....I wouldnt mind if that ringing lasted the rest of my whole life."

Not so optimistic...

Fiedler - 2 - 3
Feeley - 8 - 3

Wild Card - win
Divisional Playoff - lose

I am a homer, but I don't see us making a big splash this year - too many things have to come together perfectly. And I hope I am so wrong in being this cautious about this season. :(

Realistic:

Feeley takes us to 12-4 and we lose in the AFC Championship game.

Homer:

Feeley takes us to 16-0 and wins the Super Bowl.

The past few years I have been very optimistic about this team. I'm not that optimistic this year. We have some good talent, but our offensive line is a question mark (I think it will be better then last year, but I'm not sure about how much better) and quarterback is a concern as well. Also, I think our coaching is below par. I see us going 10-6 and losing in the first round of the playoffs.

I think the starting quarterback should be the one who is better in training camp. It could go either way IMO, but I think Fiedler will end up being the starter. However, I'm not very confident in that prediction.

feeley super bowl as long as the team plays well, none of this offseason stuff matters I think people are taking little things too seriously

No matter who starts at QB...the backup is a whole lot better than the backups we`ve had the last 2 years. That alone is good enough for 1 or 2 extra wins. I say we go 11-5, and who the hell knows what we do from there.

Back
Top Bottom