here's a potential stud WR.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

here's a potential stud WR....

Stamos

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I've heard Plexico Burress's name being tossed around in trade rumors, and more then one team has been mentioned. Albeit just a rumor, seems like its gaining some steam here in the last week.

Pittsburgh probably wants a QB or RB, or obviously a No.1+

And for what its worth, Plex is entering the last year of his contract, so the only way I'd even consider him is with a deal agreed upon.

You know anything about Jami Hightower....a big tackle from Texas A&M......Sounds like exactly the type of third round pick this team likes to make....think he'll be there?....and is he worth it?

sorry to go off topic....not too sure about Plex....isn't he a head case?

Originally posted by inFINSible
You know anything about Jami Hightower....a big tackle from Texas A&M......Sounds like exactly the type of third round pick this team likes to make....think he'll be there?....and is he worth it?

Hightower isn't in the draft, he's a junior.

He isn't coming out? I swear I read that in a draft report....GBN I think, I'll try to find it....

yeah, I saw that, I'm still looking for the article .....I saw it while perusing that redskins draft link....I looked at about 15 sites so I'm having a bit of a problem finding it again....:(

For only a first? Heck yah.

Being from the Pittsburgh Area, and seeing more than my stomachful of Steeler games, I have seen enough of Burress to make an estimated evaluation of him..

When it comes to pure talent and skill, Plex has few peers.. In fact, I'll go one step further and put him right up there with Moss, Owens and Harrison as the most talented WR in the NFL.

However, what makes him a question mark is his laxidasical approach to games. More often than not, he will seeming trudge through plays just as though he is going through the motions and not really concerned with whether or not his team wins or loses. In all honesty, if he had even half of Hines Ward's drive and motivation, the guy would be an elite WR, hands down.

Perhaps a change of scenery would do him good, and if Miami had a chance to get him (barring the fact that he's in a contract year), depending on who they get at QB, I'd say go for it. However, conflicting reports out of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette have stated that Burress may be used in a package deal and headed to San Diego for the top pick in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom