Here’s A Question:

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by multistage, Feb 5, 2019.

1. CedarPhin

CedarPhin King of the Winter Carnival Finheaven VIP Donator

Avigatorx and superphin like this.
  2. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

This is why I think it’s dumb to trade all of our best young players. If you want to tank keep said players and start Falk or Fales.

3. boho44

boho44 Well-Known Member

It's hard to coach to lose unless you're Gase. Pro athletes especially in the short career of an NFL athlete aren't going to play to lose. Wtf is Flores gonna say in the walkthrough? Don't play too hard and let's not win?

laxcoach likes this.
  4. susser2000

susser2000 A True Fan

People that call for heads to roll in a rebuilding season are the one's that don't pay attention to the offseason. They watch the regular season games and are the "win now" crowd. They don't have any vision of the future and are going to be expecting a winning season from a new coaching staff, new QB (probably not the QB of the future), and a young team. The screams will come, but we should just ignore them and let them have their two cents.

5. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

If you don't understand why we will be terrible, you aren't paying attention.

1. We don't have a quality QB.

Whatever you thought of Cutler, and RT, they were both vastly better than anything we are likely to see next season, particularly when you factor in a completely different offensive scheme.

2. Our D-line is in shambles. We are probably not resigning Wake, or Quinn. Even if we hit on 2 guys in the draft, still are about 3-4 guys short.

3. Whether X is traded, or not, there is a gaping hole at CB, made worse by the lack of any consistent pass rush.

4. The WR position, while speedy, lacks physicality. This issue affects effectiveness in red zone situations.

I could go on, but those are the major concerns.

Our kicker, and punter are good though.

6. FSU Truth

FSU Truth Did I lose something? Finheaven VIP

Here's an old shoe

upload_2019-2-8_9-29-38.jpeg

CedarPhin likes this.
  7. vcip

vcip Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

it will be hard for me to watch any of those QB's...ugh!
    Roll with Faulk

8. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

What "best young players" are you referring to? If you are talking about X, I think $ plays an equally important factor as anything else. I'm not in favor of paying huge $ to a guy with one good season marked with lost time due to injury.

As far as I know, that's the only player that has been seriously discussed as a trade possibility.

9. dolphintodd

dolphintodd FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

How are those things different than the past 10 years? Our QB has sucked for a while, defensive line was crap this past season, still won 7 games.

fansinceGWilson likes this.
  10. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

Who said it was different? It was a response as to why we will not be a good team next season.

By the way, we have been floundering for most of this century.

If ppl are satisfied with 8-9 wins, with zero chance of making deep playoff runs then the status quo is acceptable.

I aspire to more, and if that means taking lumps for a year, or two, that's the price you pay for past incompetence.

11. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Some people don't appreciate that. Bad OL, bad Dl, one real CB, poor QB, many receivers out for multiple games, abysmal OC/DC. Still won four of 13 games. Doesn't sound like much, but a 'tank' can't have a much worse roster than the last 8 games. If Flores and staff are just average, losses will be harder to get. No, I'm not arguing the '19 Dolphins will be 12-4, but I'm not convinced they'll be 2-14.

12. laxcoach

laxcoach Pirate Lacrosse King

Tanking is a careful what you wish for situation.

If you tear the team to pieces, you may end up in a Cleveland Browns situation. How many years of terrible have their fans lived through? Or the creamsicle Tampa Bucs?

13. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

Typical fair weather fan response. Sounds like the true words a diehard fan never said.

The fact that you're calling it a waste of time pretty much speaks for itself.

14. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

People are talking about Grant being traded for a late pick, Stills. IDK. When Indy sucked for Luck they didn’t get rid of their best players. They simply played a horrific QB. That’s all we need to do.

15. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

The Browns situation is kind of unique. It’s hard work to have that many bad drafts picking in the top 5.