Heres an idea... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heres an idea...

Joe_robbie#1

Polish Dolphan
Reaction score
Why not install an offense to suit our Henne's abilities? Perhaps a short passing game. Create mismatches. Use audibles. I am a HUGE Ohio State State fan and never really liked Henne. But if Henne is going to be the starter, the coaches should give him the best chance to succeed. Some QBS are "system" players. Maybe Henne cant be successful in any system. If Miami plans on starting him, then they are responsible to put him in a system for his needs

Daboll better be doing that, and he is supposed to have a QB friendly system. I want to see Chad use his rocket Deep too though.

Why not install an offense to suit our Henne's abilities? Perhaps a short passing game. Create mismatches. Use audibles. I am a HUGE Ohio State State fan and never really liked Henne. But if Henne is going to be the starter, the coaches should give him the best chance to succeed. Some QBS are "system" players. Maybe Henne cant be successful in any system. If Miami plans on starting him, then they are responsible to put him in a system for his needs

Agreed. We can limit his throwing to less than 20 yards? Just quick slants, hooks, and maybe some screens.

Wait and see. The dinosaur has mercifully been put down. Let's see what the new guy puts in.

The more comfortable a Qb is, the more confident he will be as well. We have some speed at WR and by creating some mismatches , thats when the big plays will come. I am not even remotely comparing Henne with Brady, but look how the short passing game works for them. Teams use the short passing game on us all the time. T

I think ANY offensive system that doesn't call for the quarterback to come to the sidelines for plays during crucial drives is going to help. Gee, I wonder why an offense that put a 150 pound rookie behind center every 10 plays hindered the progress of the natural quarterback?

Reggie Bush said our offense is "complicated." Let's hope Henne can handle the complicatedness. On the other hand, it's a good thing because at least defenses won't be calling out our plays.

its complicated because it will see alot of short stuff then gunning downfield. hence, change in dropbacks.

just think brady and patriots. what do they do? anyone know?

Its 3rd and 5, who is getting the rock in many of these situations?

If I remember correctly from reports, Henne really studied the playbook hard during the lockout. Besides, Daboll's system makes it comfortable for the QB. I'm sure he really helped McCoy in Cleveland.

Back
Top Bottom