Here's an interesting quote for those who want Tua to play hero ball. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's an interesting quote for those who want Tua to play hero ball.

Everyone tends to do this... Hell, Tua's first injury came from a dirty, late hit... and some still try to blame our line. There is an awful lot of people confused about cause and correlation.
All 3 of Tuas concussions were not a fault of the Oline tbh. 1 late hit and 2 plays of Tua extending a broken play

Tua running the ball is really down on the list on things he should focus on really...
I don't agree with this NB, him learning how to do it correctly is important to his health while adding a critical dimension to the offense..

Its a win win.

I don't agree with this NB, him learning how to do it correctly is important to his health while adding a critical dimension to the offense..

Its a win win.
First Im not even sure its possible to take hero ball out of Tua... 1st game back from his first concussion, he took off and ran straight into contact on his first 2 runs... Second, Tua with Waddle and Hill is getting close to 9 yards per pass attempts, there's absolutely no reason to push him to run the ball more, it just doesn't make any sense.

First Im not even sure its possible to take hero ball out of Tua... 1st game back from his first concussion, he took off and ran straight into contact on his first 2 runs... Second, Tua with Waddle and Hill is getting close to 9 yards per pass attempts, there's absolutely no reason to push him to run the ball more, it just doesn't make any sense.
I get that because he wanted to prove something to his teammates, but I also saw him later consciously executing a slide at times.

Yes he’s got to be smart and calculated with this dual threat training

I get that because he wanted to prove something
That's Tua's #1 flaw... He's always going to have to prove something to someone... Let's just hope he doesn't get injured as much going forward and don't feed him even more opportunities to prove something by running him more.... Especially given the fact he lead the NFL in yards per pass attempts.

That's Tua's #1 flaw... He's always going to have to prove something to someone... Let's just hope he doesn't get injured as much going forward and don't feed him even more opportunities to prove something by running him more.... Especially given the fact he lead the NFL in yards per pass attempts.
It’s not about running him more

It’s about taking an aggressive north south approach when protection is breaking down.

Safer to do that then running around trying to make a play behind the LOs

It’s not about running him more

It’s about taking an aggressive north south approach when protection is breaking down.

Safer to do that then running around trying to make a play behind the LOs
I'd rather he just got rid of the ball in those situations...

I'd rather he just got rid of the ball in those situations...
I dont think you can win superbowls like that..and doing that takes the same split second decision making as what I'm saying, plus leaves him more vulnerable to hits without protecting himself.

I dont think you can win superbowls like that..and doing that takes the same split second decision making as what I'm saying, plus leaves him more vulnerable to hits without protecting himself.
Mahomes lead the NFL in throw aways this season...

he also runs when he wants frequently..
3.75 times per game, Tua is 2.75 times per game... Just don't see why you'd bang the table for a not particularly fast or elusive QB who gets 3 yards per run to do it more when he lead the NFL in yards per passing attempt... I mean there's really no point in continuing this conversation tbh, there's no argument you can bring that will change my mind on this.

3.75 times per game, Tua is 2.75 times per game... Just don't see why you'd bang the table for a not particularly fast or elusive QB who gets 3 yards per run to do it more when he lead the NFL in yards per passing attempt... I mean there's really no point in continuing this conversation tbh, there's no argument you can bring that will change my mind on this.
its all good, I don't think you quite understand my angle on this, :no sarcasm at all} obvioulsy the dolphins and his trainer do so Im very happy about that

Back
Top Bottom