Here's Every Snap Of Rosen's Phin Debut | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's Every Snap Of Rosen's Phin Debut

Best throw of the night for Rosen in my opinion was hitting TE Walford in stride. This almost looked like a Bradiesque pass to Gronk. The Preston Williams show is also impressive but he made those plays more than it had to do with great/perfect throws.

If Rosen starts game one he needs to give Preston a bonus. Williams saved him from ints a couple of times including one where he took the ball away from the db.

Rosen looked ok otherwise and I'm fine with that as long as he continues to improve

Best throw of the night for Rosen in my opinion was hitting TE Walford in stride. This almost looked like a Bradiesque pass to Gronk. The Preston Williams show is also impressive but he made those plays more than it had to do with great/perfect throws.

The one handed catch by Williams was such great ball placement and touch by Rosen. Spectacular catch but definitely an underated throw.

Has any team ever been more inept at a position than the dolphins have been in building an oline? It seems almost intentional.

I just don't see how you can let Mills make it to preseason week 1 and then have him start the game.

That was horrible stuff and Flores needs to take the OL coach philosophy and cut bait.

it's a crime to have a kid like rosen out there for his first dolphins game action, and he had a clean (very generously speaking) pocket practically never. just brutal.

I just don't see how you can let Mills make it to preseason week 1 and then have him start the game.

That was horrible stuff and Flores needs to take the OL coach philosophy and cut bait.
I expect at least two O-line guys make the final 53 that are NOT on the team right now.

I didn't see the game last night but I listened to it while reading the game thread on this site. After watching this video I'm a lot less impressed than what my expectations were from reading what was being said. He looks like he is double hitching on some of his throws like he doubts what he is seeing. He also drops his elbow making his delivery look awkward. He has decent pocket awareness but he sure doesn't look very athletic moving around. The only throw that impressed me was the throw to Walford. I hope this front office can make a fair evaluation about Rosen and not be fooled into believing he is something he is not. To me, nothing about his game screams "special" in any way.

The line that you just watched him deal w/ right there, is essentially what he dealt w/ for an entire season in Arizona.

I see the offensive line is in peak midseason form.

Liked what I saw overall. INT was bad, and 2 of those almost sack passes could of been bad.

it's a crime to have a kid like rosen out there for his first dolphins game action, and he had a clean (very generously speaking) pocket practically never. just brutal.

Exactly. I don't know how the Dolphins can evaluate Josh Rosen's potential this year, if he is getting pressure on every play. Mills looked like Dallas Thomas. I hope the Dolphins can find a solution.

offensive line was horrible and rosen made the most of it....a bit lethargic at times and then incredibly active feet/eyes at others...

I think when the clock starts tickin down he turns it on a bit. I like that. Nice touch deep and can attack the middle of the field.

Mixed bag but a decent start.

Hard to perform with Mills at LT and to a lesser extent Reed at C. But, Rosen needs to stop trying to throw while being tackled … that is a recipe for INT's, and a bad habit to form in pre-season.

Overall he had a decent game … nothing great but he did lead scoring drives. Clean up the INT and the throwing while being tackled and there's some decent stuff there. He also had an ample supply of preseason tape. Something to build upon and lots to improve, so for a 1st preseason game not too bad.

Yeah as bad as the OL was the only one who did not improve as the night went on was Mills. He wasnt the only one to get beat but he was the one that consistently got boat raced.

As for Rosen, overall he showed some good things that warrant a look with the first team in game 2. One complaint I had is there were a couple throws he was just a tad slow on.

Back
Top Bottom