Here's One Benefit To Dolphins Not Giving Tannehill Competition | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's One Benefit To Dolphins Not Giving Tannehill Competition

QBs are brought in to compete when your starter isn’t playing well. The last we saw of Ryan Tannehill, he was playing the best football of his career. Why would anyone expect a competition when Ryan was playing the best football if his career in Gase’s offense?

if I was gm I would not sign cutler, thill17 or any qb on our roster.
yes we know that, but tell us what you WOULD do smart guy. Come on- youre the GM- tell us your move right now to put this franchise in a great position for the next three-four years.

im almost positive you'll have no actual, realistic plan.

this site is pretty much divided into two unequal groups:

1. a minority who thinks Tannehill is the main or major reason this team has not performed above average the last 4-5 years.

2. a majority who understand the Miami team has had major flaws in multiple areas throughout Tannehill's career, and is finally addressing ALL those flaws.

Last edited:
Because there’s no legit competition behind Tannehill. He’d have to get injured again for him to not be the starter.
Gase has a history of benching people who didn't perform including the famous purge of OL, AJ, and Maxwell.

The original statement said he would be the starter even if he stunk up the place. Don't think that's true based on history.

Gase has a history of benching people who didn't perform including the famous purge of OL, AJ, and Maxwell.

The original statement said he would be the starter even if he stunk up the place. Don't think that's true based on history.
QBs like Tannehill are exempt from this rule. Gase never benched sorry ass Cutler until really late but kept benching everyone else.

Cutler wasn’t a problem?
The only problem Cutler had was declining skills.
If you can't see the difference between him and the other players mentioned, I don't know what more to say.

Edit: my initial response was to your comment about Tannahill, not Cutler.

Last edited:
this site is pretty much divided into two unequal groups:

1. a minority who thinks Tannehill is the main or major reason this team has not performed above average the last 4-5 years.

2. a majority who understand the Miami team has had major flaws in multiple areas throughout Tannehill's career, and is finally addressing ALL those flaws.

I am praying that a third new group does not arise after next year. 3. A new group giving excuses of why Tannehill showed potential but it was Gase fault or the lack of chemistry with the WRs, or the defense not performing and then having to play catch up and the list of excuses goes on.

I just think that if this year we finally see what we have at the most important position it will be a great year, even if it shows us that he is just an average one which I hope is not the case. But next year please no more excuses, either we have our QB for the next 5-6 years or we go on another direction.

The only problem Cutler had was declining skills.
If you can't see the difference between him and the other players mentioned, I don't know what more to say.

Edit: my initial response was to your comment about Tannahill, not Cutler.
Yeah I’m talking about cutler. His play was awful but it took Gase forever to bench him. But he was benching other players for less

Back
Top Bottom