Here's One Benefit To Dolphins Not Giving Tannehill Competition | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's One Benefit To Dolphins Not Giving Tannehill Competition

Yeah I’m talking about cutler. His play was awful but it took Gase forever to bench him. But he was benching other players for less
I'm not defending Cutler one bit, I never wanted him to begin with.

Hi guys . First post. I understand that we have tannehill and we knew he was gonna take time but...... I feel if you don't have a legit Pro bowl QB on your roster ,then you keep drafting and I think most of us feel that tannehill still hasn't proven himself as far as getting into the playoff's at least a few times and staying healthy . That plus tannenbum obviously doesn't apply the "draft more comp till you hit on a jimmy g" type like NE or draft one josh rosen who was sittting there till we got jumped .Is where we are hurting because we all feel that we have a defense and our offense is horrid. We all better hope the josh's don't turn out to be good to great QB's. Last. When is there gonna be the next Big QB draft? Not next year as far as i see besides maybe lock or idk.

For the ten thousandth time. In the NFL you don't bring in competition for your starter. You draft back ups until you don't have a starter.
It's as simple as that. Hopefully you can understand that, maybe not.

Just because you say something ten thousand times don't make it fact. Why is competition good for everybody EXCEPT the QB? That makes no sense to me. Unless you have a bonafide legitimate no doubt about it starter, you should be drafting or signing competition. And even then it's good practice to do so. At the very least you'll have a resource that you can use in trades, and at the same time you'll have a viable starting option in case of injury.

Just because you say something ten thousand times don't make it fact. Why is competition good for everybody EXCEPT the QB? That makes no sense to me. Unless you have a bonafide legitimate no doubt about it starter, you should be drafting or signing competition. And even then it's good practice to do so. At the very least you'll have a resource that you can use in trades, and at the same time you'll have a viable starting option in case of injury.

Drafting a QB or signing a FA QB is not usually about bringing in competition. Most often, it's finding a backup. Team's don't bring in competition for their starting QB, unless they have lost faith in them, because, a QB controversy is terrible for a team. The QB is the only player that you specifically design an offense around. They get the majority of reps in practice. Changing QBs is a big deal and not done lightly.

Also, there is a salary cap. A team paying a QB 'starter money' is NOT going to sign the hot FA QB for "competition". That is one of the reasons why Cousins was signed by Minn. They let all three of last year's QBs go. Didn't you notice that there was no talk of Cousins going to any team with an established or promising young QB.

Why do you think Tenn, TB, SD, Miami (after restructuring Tannehill), Oakland, Balt, NE, GB, Seattle, Indy, Pitt, Cincy, KC, Dal, Chicago, Detroit, LA, Philly, NO, etc. weren't options for Cousins? Why was the discussion restricted to Minn, Cleveland, Denver, Buffalo, Arizona, NYJ, Jax, and maybe one or two others?

The issue is not even restricted to QBs. Teams draft and sign FAs to fill needs. They are not just picking the best available players regardless of team need. When was the last time you saw a team with a premier left tackle draft a LT in the first round or sign another premier LT and pay them premier LT money? I can't recall it happening. Do you honestly think that is a coincidence?

Read post above. ^^^^^

Have you considered the possibility that maybe Tannehill was not the problem then?
This has nothing to do if he’s the problem or not. In this scenario we’re talking about in this thread,Tannehill stinks up the joint in camp and in preseason. If that’s the case Miami still doesn’t bench him for anything else because the FO doesn’t trust what’s behind him regardless of what Gase says. Matt Moore was on the roster how long? And Gase didn’t trust him. The only way Tannehill is not the starter is if gets seriously injured. No matter how bad Tannehill plays he’s not getting benched. There’s nothing behind him worth playing.

No . I just don't care .Been through it my whole life.
Thanks . Just here to support the Dolphins and just had to say that this board has been rated high so i needed a place to vent for what is going on with this F.O. not caring about drafting more talent till we hit on a competent qb. I was and still hope tanny can muster his way to the playoff's and i will be happy. If not . There are no QB's like there was in this draft as far as talent and the jokes got suck it sam and the bills got the best arm we seen in a while . I hope zona develops rosen to be way better then ugly darnold and the ass who likes to tweet insensitive stuff towards black people the bills got .

Why do you think Tenn, TB, SD, Miami (after restructuring Tannehill), Oakland, Balt, NE, GB, Seattle, Indy, Pitt, Cincy, KC, Dal, Chicago, Detroit, LA, Philly, NO, etc. weren't options for Cousins? Why was the discussion restricted to Minn, Cleveland, Denver, Buffalo, Arizona, NYJ, Jax, and maybe one or two others?
Because 1. Cousins was never gonna sign with us .2. Cousins cost way to much and we had pretty much no cap space. 3. If cousins came here , Tannehill is gone via trade or buyout . 4. We had zero weapons when he signed . and 5. Every single team that did not have a better QB than Cousins wanted him .

This has nothing to do if he’s the problem or not. In this scenario we’re talking about in this thread,Tannehill stinks up the joint in camp and in preseason. If that’s the case Miami still doesn’t bench him for anything else because the FO doesn’t trust what’s behind him regardless of what Gase says. Matt Moore was on the roster how long? And Gase didn’t trust him. The only way Tannehill is not the starter is if gets seriously injured. No matter how bad Tannehill plays he’s not getting benched. There’s nothing behind him worth playing.
Again, this is speculation on your part because it hasn't happened before. I'm inclined to believe Gase will do what it takes based on his history.

Back
Top Bottom