Here’s One Offensive Position The Dolphins Want To Replenish. And More Drew Lock Talk | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s One Offensive Position The Dolphins Want To Replenish. And More Drew Lock Talk

It would be great if we can do that, but we have to take BPA @ 13.

I don't study these guys like you do, but if Greedy Williams (if he's top corner) or one of the top pass rushers in this draft falls in our lap @ 13, you have too pull the trigger.

Can't just say we need position X @ 13 and ignore BPA imo, but obviously the interior of our oline must be rebuilt ASAP because it's a mess.

I guess we miss Pouncey more than anyone anticipated, despite all of his health issues both he and his brother are borderline elite.

Greedy Williams isn't even the best cornerback in the draft - much less the best player at #13.

People just don't want to believe it but Erik McCoy, Garrett Bradbury, Chris Lindstrom are three of the best players in this draft.

The two QB's, Montez Sweat, Devin White, Q. Williams, Bosa, Josh Allen, etc.....they're going to be gone. Bradbury kicked Wilkins ass all over the field. Don't bring him up for #13 either. You might have a shot at Ed Oliver. Might.

Greedy Williams isn't even the best cornerback in the draft - much less the best player at #13.

People just don't want to believe it but Erik McCoy, Garrett Bradbury, Chris Lindstrom are three of the best players in this draft.

The two QB's, Montez Sweat, Devin White, Q. Williams, Bosa, Josh Allen, etc.....they're going to be gone. Bradbury kicked Wilkins *** all over the field. Don't bring him up for #13 either. You might have a shot at Ed Oliver. Might.

Yea I have no idea I'm a nerd but not as big of a nerd as you lol, but in principle BPA @ 13 is all I'm saying. It would be great if that's a center or OG, we'll see.

The two QB's, Montez Sweat, Devin White, Q. Williams, Bosa, Josh Allen, etc.....they're going to be gone. Bradbury kicked Wilkins *** all over the field. Don't bring him up for #13 either. You might have a shot at Ed Oliver. Might.
I would not draft any of these corners at 13 tbh. D-line is the value at that spot. I'd draft O-line but only if we move back. I like those 3 that you mention and there's a few other good ones too in this draft. No need to take one at 13 if you can add picks.

Meh, I am torn on this one. He was a reach at where he was drafted and a microcosm of this team....average to sometimes slightly above average. I hope we do not over pay for him!

About time Miami takes the Offensive Line serious. Most if not all, of the good teams protect the QB at a better rate then teams who don't. I can certainly see why Miami would have an Offensive Lineman high on its list, especially if it's the BPA at #13?

Well, I don't really care if they do or not. Don't bother me one bit. All I said is that's what I would do. It's a mistake if they don't come out of this draft with a starting center and guard by the end of day 2. But what else is new.

I understand Slimm- just mentioning it doesn't seem like a priority to them- once again, as you also point out. The OL has to be the position they have "missed on" over the years more than any other, I think...

About time Miami takes the Offensive Line serious. Most if not all, of the good teams protect the QB at a better rate then teams who don't. I can certainly see why Miami would have an Offensive Lineman high on its list, especially if it's the BPA at #13?

The problem wasn’t that they didn’t take it seriously. The problem was they were unbelievably inept at addressing it. They’ve spent numerous top 3 draft picks on the position, including a number of first rounders plus signed high priced free agents. I think it would be very difficult to be as bad as the dolphins have been at fixing the Oline even if your goal was to create as bad a line as you could

The problem wasn’t that they didn’t take it seriously. The problem was they were unbelievably inept at addressing it. They’ve spent numerous top 3 draft picks on the position, including a number of first rounders plus signed high priced free agents. I think it would be very difficult to be as bad as the dolphins have been at fixing the Oline even if your goal was to create as bad a line as you could

I was hoping with those other scouts entering the bldg it might change - guess will see.

It’s not that easy. Guys like Nelson, and scherf, and Zach Martin, and Decastro after his rookie year took their teams o line unit play to another level.

Is there one of those guys in this class? I doubt it. Seriously doubt it.

Solid yes but special doubt it. And Martin, scherf, and Nelson are special. Decastros damn good but he was damn good at Stanford.

You add one of those top shelfers and I guarantee you your o line unit play tackles a significant step forward regardless of what you put around it. That’s how much of difference makers those players are

"He'll be available" isn't a reason to draft Drew Lock, in fact it's a strong indication we should avoid him in the first round.

I like Lock a lot, think he's totally worthy of a roll the dice at 13. However I totally agree with your statement, you don't draft someone because they are there you draft someone because you've scouted the hell out of them and you think they will fit what you are trying to do. That's one reason why we ended up with Tannehill, we knew we had no chance at the top two prospects that year and wrongly Tannehill was viewed as the next best, when we really should with the benefit for hindsight gone with Wilson.

Back
Top Bottom