Here’s One Offensive Position The Dolphins Want To Replenish. And More Drew Lock Talk | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s One Offensive Position The Dolphins Want To Replenish. And More Drew Lock Talk

Greedy Williams isn't even the best cornerback in the draft - much less the best player at #13.

People just don't want to believe it but Erik McCoy, Garrett Bradbury, Chris Lindstrom are three of the best players in this draft.

The two QB's, Montez Sweat, Devin White, Q. Williams, Bosa, Josh Allen, etc.....they're going to be gone. Bradbury kicked Wilkins *** all over the field. Don't bring him up for #13 either. You might have a shot at Ed Oliver. Might.

Think Bradbury in particular is a player I would be focused in on if we stay at 13, he may even be gone by then. My preference is a trade up for Murray or Haskins, failing that a trade down and hope a Bradbury or Adderley is there but if we do stay at 13 I would hope we are seriously looking at this kid. For me since we are officially looking more long term than short, then I want to see us draft high ceiling guys, Bradbury and Adderley I feel are in that camp.

Always love reading Jackson's notes on the Dolphins. Lots of information here. As far as Lock goes, he definitely has a lot of potential and skills to work with. Really a hit or miss prospect.

Smart to try and retain James, he's a better and more valuable football player than Donovan Smith who just got PAID.

I don't know anything about Drew Lock, but hopefully won't ever have to (Go Daniel Jones!).
I hope Miami keeps James. It makes putting the offensive line together in one offseason very doable. That would be a huge loss.

Not a huge fan of Jones, who reminds me a bit of Chad Pennington. Saying that, if he made it to R3 then I might make that pick. By the way, I liked Pennington but with the speed of the game increasing on all levels, the margin of error gets smaller for quarterbacks without strong arms.

Seems like the bidding always becomes absurd with our FA’s

I went back and watched every throw against Florida and Purdue so far.... I am liking Drew Lock at 13.

Big arm.... quick decisions....gets the ball out quick....very mobile with good feet( I think 4.6 at the combine).

Noticed alot of drops by his receivers and that he often puts the ball in competitive spots for the receiver.

I’m going to watch the other games... but I can see this guy running the Patriot offense.

Last edited:
Building Oline makes sense from so many standpoints-
1 - It’s an obvious need.
2 - Other than QB most important part of team
3- At 13 &48 perfect position to maneuver to get 2 tops OL guys and acquire another pick
4- Protect your 2020 high pick QB
5 - Oline continuity vital. We have holes around young stud Tunsil- must be addressed as whole.

I went back and watched every throw against Florida and Purdue so far.... I am liking Drew Lock at 13.

Big arm.... quick decisions....gets the ball out quick....very mobile with good feet( I think 4.6 at the combine).

Noticed alot of drops by his receivers and that he often puts the ball in competitive spots for the receiver.

I’m going to watch the other games... but I can see this guy running the Patriot offense.

Still don’t think he gets past Denver so...

Building Oline makes sense from so many standpoints-
1 - It’s an obvious need.
2 - Other than QB most important part of team
3- At 13 &48 perfect position to maneuver to get 2 tops OL guys and acquire another pick
4- Protect your 2020 high pick QB
5 - Oline continuity vital. We have holes around young stud Tunsil- must be addressed as whole.
Totally agree that OL needs serious upgrade, but no way I take a guard #13. IMO, any top 15 pick should be a day 1 impact player. Either an offensive skilled position, or in our case, a defensive stud.

Edit: RT would qualify, as well, but we got that.

I bet he can’t resist. Lol.

That would suck... because I’m really starting to like this kid a lot...just read Daniel Jermiah’s scouting report from last year based on 3 games he watched and he noticed the same thing I did from a different season....his receivers dropped a lot of balls.

I would actually consider moving ahead of Denver....I think he’s the real deal!

Any QB that Elway likes should be a hard pass from us. The fact that he likes Drew Lock so much should be a giant fluorescent danger sign.

Drew Lock is an enigma. Throws a great deep ball and seems to have a knack for dropping it in the bucket. He's also been a victim of the dropseies. But with that being said. He's got a lot of work to do, to improve. I'd be very nervous if Lock gets past over by Denver and he's available at #13. Great arm and good movement skills, but everything else needs major improvement.

Drew Lock is an enigma. Throws a great deep ball and seems to have a knack for dropping it in the bucket. He's also been a victim of the dropseies. But with that being said. He's got a lot of work to do, to improve. I'd be very nervous if Lock gets past over by Denver and he's available at #13. Great arm and good movement skills, but everything else needs major improvement.

Have to agree to disagree...I’m going to watch more games, but I loved what I saw.

Denver traded Keenum away to clear room for a QB. If Lock is there then Denver will take him imo.

Back
Top Bottom