Here’s the deal... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s the deal...

So just to be clear you count the future picks for Philly but not the future picks for SF. It's a net 1 fwiw. Come 2023 when we have two firsts or when we trade up next year, remember this.
The 2 trades had nothing to do with each other. One was great, the other was terrible.

I got ya but it doesn’t negate the fact that our deal with just Philly was for 2 #1s. We spent the #12 pick and whatever this years pick turns out to be (likely top 10 maybe even top 5) for a slot WR. That’s a bad trade any way you spin it.
I'm not arguing bad/good. I'm giving you numbers.

The 2 trades had nothing to do with each other.
They absolutely do. They were intrinsic to each other and happened at the exact same time if you recall. We traded down and traded right back up because of what we acquired from SF.

I’m almost willing to guarantee if we have a losing season one of them (most likely Grier) is gone. If we totally flop and go 1-16/2-15/3-14 then 1 is for certain gone and maybe even both. I have that on really solid authority from multiple people.

Bro Ross is on fire. People may have their issues with him myself included but it’s not bc he doesn’t want to win. Ross wants to win as badly as any of us do if not more. You don’t get to where he is in life by losing much at all. I promise you from what I was told today right after the game he is literally on fire and chewing some as* tonight.

One of my guys even suggested that he may be at the point where he’s giving Grier an ultimatum on the rest of this season. My guy that I’m talking about happens to know Ross personally. I’m not claiming they’re best friends and talk all the time but he’s been around him enough to say that he’s an acquaintance. Ross despises losing and he’s at the point where he’s willing to spend whatever it takes to make his baby (the franchise) succeed.

One problem with Ross is I’ve always perceived the Michigan Wolverines as his favorite child or “baby”. I agree that he cares and he definitely puts his money where his mouth is

My main issue with him as owner is that he apparently has never heard the saying “Too many cooks spoil the broth”

He‘s created an organizational structure/hierarchy that was bound to fail

I'm not arguing bad/good. I'm giving you numbers.
I understand but what I’m saying is it’s more likely than not that SFs #1 that we own this year and their #1 we own next year will not be as valuable COMBINED as what our #1 we sent to Philly will be. That’s the numbers.

I understand but what I’m saying is it’s more likely than not that SFs #1 that we own this year and their #1 we own next year will not be as valuable COMBINED as what our #1 we sent to Philly will be. That’s the numbers.
Ah ah ah. Don't do that now. Don't try to put value on picks. In regards to what Waddle "cost", it was not 2 firsts net. We gave them picks we traded for which you must account for. And value is in the eyes of who's making the picks, right now we could have 32 firsts and still pick sh*t.

They absolutely do. They were intrinsic to each other and happened at the exact same time if you recall. We traded down and traded right back up because of what we acquired from SF.
The second trade was not contingent on the first. It wasn’t necessary. They were unrelated to each other. They just happened to happen one after the other.

We got cute but didn’t need to. You don’t trade 2 #1s for a WR in almost any scenario unless it’s for a Julio Jones or Megatron type.

One problem with Ross is I’ve always perceived the Michigan Wolverines as his favorite child or “baby”. I agree that he cares and he definitely puts his money where his mouth is

My main issue with him as owner is that he apparently has never heard the saying “Too many cooks spoil the broth”

He‘s created an organizational structure/hierarchy that was bound to fail
Lol yeah he loves the University of Michigan specifically the football program that’s no secret. However this franchise our beloved Miami Dolphins is his baby bc he’s the man. He’s the one in sole control and the fact he’s been the owner as long as he has now and we’ve got 1 playoff appearances under him literally eats at him daily from what I’m told. He spends hours upon hours every day trying to figure out any way possible to make us better or give us an advantage.

Now let’s not pretend that money doesn’t matter bc it most certainly does. That’s what he does with the other parts of his days is try to figure out a way to get the franchise to turn more money lol. Hell I can’t blame him but all joking aside he wants to win bro I swear to you and everyone he does. He’s willing to hire/fire/spend/do whatever it will take. He just can’t get the right combination of things to align which leads me to the middle and last paragraphs of your post.

I agree with you 1000% on what you said. He has let that mentality of like you said “too many cooks in the kitchen” get in the way. On that part we’re in total agreement.

The second trade was not contingent on the first. It wasn’t necessary. They were unrelated to each other. They just happened to happen one after the other.

We got cute but didn’t need to.
Dude WTF are you talking about. The #12 pick was acquired from SF. They gave us their first last year, a third this coming year and their first in 23. How is that not contingent to trade SFs #12 to Philly?

Ah ah ah. Don't do that now. Don't try to put value on picks. In regards to what Waddle "cost", it was not 2 firsts net. We gave them picks we traded for which you must account for. And value is in the eyes of who's making the picks, right now we could have 32 firsts and still pick sh*t.
Bro how else are picks determined by other than value? How do you think trades are proposed and made? They’re made by what a picks value is. That’s the whole point of draft picks. What’s their value?

It absolutely was 2 firsts in just the Philly deal. It was not a 3 team trade like you’re trying to make it out. It was 2 seperate deals. Yes you’re right that one was dependent on the other but it’s still 2 different deals and the deal with Philly cost 2 #1s.

So Phillys “net” was 2#1s. The value of which was #12 in the last draft and the other is to be determined but as of today would be #3. Which leads me to say theirs a pretty decent probability that the 2 #1s we got from SF wouldn’t be worth combined the #1 we gave Philly much less the #12 pick we gave them this last draft plus what would be the #3 pick as of today.

Dude WTF are you talking about. The #12 pick was acquired from SF. They gave us their first last year, a third this coming year and their first in 23. How is that not contingent to trade SFs #12 to Philly?
They were 2 separate trades. It was not some kind of 3 team deal. The second trade was not necessary and was a bad trade.

Bro how else are picks determined by other than value? How do you think trades are proposed and made? They’re made by what a picks value is. That’s the whole point of draft picks. What’s their value?

It absolutely was 2 firsts in just the Philly deal. It was not a 3 team trade like you’re trying to make it out. It was 2 seperate deals. Yes you’re right that one was dependent on the other but it’s still 2 different deals and the deal with Philly cost 2 #1s.

So Phillys “net” was 2#1s. The value of which was #12 in the last draft and the other is to be determined but as of today would be #3. Which leads me to say theirs a pretty decent probability that the 2 #1s we got from SF wouldn’t be worth combined the #1 we gave Philly much less the #12 pick we gave them this last draft plus what would be the #3 pick as of today.
K, you aren't good at math, it's fine, not going to play teacher anymore.

They were 2 separate trades. It was not some kind of 3 team deal. The second trade was not necessary and was a bad trade.
Yes, yes it was. Please do some better research.

Edit: I'm sure you will try to say they did one then the other, but both are predicated on the other happening, hence the same time, hence three way. If you don't understand that I can't help you.

K, you aren't good at math, it's fine, not going to play teacher anymore.
Bro theirs no need to get all upset about it and hurl insults. You’ve got 2 different people telling you what’s up and you still want to argue.

I highly doubt theirs anything you could teach me including math bc you seem to have trouble understanding that it was 2 separate deals and the chances are better than not that value wise we’re going to lose our as* on it. That’s all I’m trying to say.

Bro theirs no need to get all upset about it and hurl insults. You’ve got 2 different people telling you what’s up and you still want to argue.

I highly doubt theirs anything you could teach me including math bc you seem to have trouble understanding that it was 2 separate deals and the chances are better than not that value wise we’re going to lose our as* on it. That’s all I’m trying to say.
Not upset man, just not gonna argue numbers with someone who doesn't understand them is all. Just because there are two of you, doesn't mean you arent both wrong, I'm happy to prove you both wrong at the same time, it isn't that difficult tbh.

Back
Top Bottom