Here’s Where Andrew Van Ginkel Fits On The Miami Dolphins’ Post-cameron Wake Defense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s Where Andrew Van Ginkel Fits On The Miami Dolphins’ Post-cameron Wake Defense?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
miami-dolphins-linebacker-andrew-van-ginkel-on-the-sidelines-during-picture-id1160769269

The first time Andrew Van Ginkel played at Hard Rock Stadium was particularly memorable. In the second quarter of the 2017 Orange Bowl, Van Ginkel stretched his arms up as Rosier rifled a pass in his direction and the linebacker hauled in his second interception of the season. Wisconsin scored a few plays later and a rally began for a Badgers bowl victory.

Almost two years later, Van Ginkel suited up again at the home of the Dolphins and Hurricanes on Thursday for the Dolphins’ preseason-opener against the Atlanta Falcons.

Although he only recorded one tackle in the Dolphins’ 34-27 win, Van Ginkel is a major part of the Dolphins’ defensive plans as one of the linebackers trying to fill the void left by former All-Pro Cameron Wake.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article233773057.html

I dunno, I've seen better pass rush from the dolphins in Jaws 3...helluva spin move.

You can all blame yourselves for making me watch Jaws 2 and 3 by taking a huge collective dump on the mains today.

Oh, and I've got Jaws: The Revenge all cued up if you guys wanna double down. Now I don't want to see a half naked Michael Cain on the mains, but so help me God...

GINK!! GINK!! GINK!!

You'll see. Gink's gonna be a staple by mid season. And don't be surprised if he is in the starting lineup by december, maybe sooner. Heart and talent. You can't stop that combination from success. So get yer GINK on people!!!

Oh is this going to be one of those scheme driven guys who magically get to the qb cause Coach wants him too?

Oh is this going to be one of those scheme driven guys who magically get to the qb cause Coach wants him too?
Me thinks someone doesn't believe coaching can help players play in-game & with improving one's skills. Hey, after the years we Dolfans have spent WISHING for good coaching, I can see your pessimism.

I'm VERY HOPEFUL we've turned the corner on the piss-poor coaching we've had to endure since, yuck, SATAN left.

Me thinks someone doesn't believe coaching can help players play in-game & with improving one's skills. Hey, after the years we Dolfans have spent WISHING for good coaching, I can see your pessimism.

I'm VERY HOPEFUL we've turned the corner on the piss-poor coaching we've had to endure since, yuck, SATAN left.

Wasn't my point.

I've read all off season how the scheme was going to equal pass rush. I was asking a sarcastic question about the kid.

Its my favorite theme of the offseason on this board. "Dont you know that the patriots just scheme pressure. They didnt need pass rushers to win games" Although they were 30th in sacks last year and had a Tom Brady led offense to put the other teams offense in more predictable situations when they were chasing the scoreboard.

HeHe!
Kinda like Jimmy Johnson "willed" us to have a 1000 yard rusher in Kareem Abdul Jabbar!

Back
Top Bottom