Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think

No one said fournette is better. I personally used him as an example of a guy you add to what you have, not replace.

to make it clear - gaskin/brown/ add someone else. Rotate them. Maybe its our 7th rounder but i doubt it.
Ok. I get that. RB's get injured so much I'd prefer a stable of competent backs over relying on a single "bellcow" (unless u get lucky and get one at great value in the draft).

Our stable is still a work in progress and I'm not against adding a Fournette at a reasonable price. And the odds are not in Doaks favor, but he is exactly the style of back that would be perfect.

But I wouldn't count out Ahmed (noticed you left him out). He looked very good in his limited action before his injury.

He ran a 4.32 40 at his pro day, then tanked it at the combine w a 4.62. That discrepancy is kind of unheard of so no idea what to think there.

Regardless, speed was definitely not an issue for him last year. And he led all our backs w 4.3 ypc.

His size is where he needs to improve. He increased from 191 to 197 a year ago, and if you've seen his offseason photos it looks like he's definitely added some more pounds.

I'm not saying he's guarenteed to do anything. We only really got to see 4 games of him. But it also wouldn't completely shock me if he ended up being our leading rusher. He was only 21 last year. He def shouldn't be left off the list.

how in hell do you know

Because there are reports that the Dolphins tried to trade up for Najee Harris.... They wouldn't have tried to do that if they felt really good about our current RB situation.

Ok. I get that. RB's get injured so much I'd prefer a stable of competent backs over relying on a single "bellcow" (unless u get lucky and get one at great value in the draft).

Our stable is still a work in progress and I'm not against adding a Fournette at a reasonable price. And the odds are not in Doaks favor, but he is exactly the style of back that would be perfect.

But I wouldn't count out Ahmed (noticed you left him out). He looked very good in his limited action before his injury.

He ran a 4.32 40 at his pro day, then tanked it at the combine w a 4.62. That discrepancy is kind of unheard of so no idea what to think there.

Regardless, speed was definitely not an issue for him last year. And he led all our backs w 4.3 ypc.

His size is where he needs to improve. He increased from 191 to 197 a year ago, and if you've seen his offseason photos it looks like he's definitely added some more pounds.

I'm not saying he's guarenteed to do anything. We only really got to see 4 games of him. But it also wouldn't completely shock me if he ended up being our leading rusher. He was only 21 last year. He def shouldn't be left off the list.
Well while Ahmad could be good, the FO disagrees that we are done at RB. They just tried to get Kerryon Johnson apparently.

Because there are reports that the Dolphins tried to trade up for Najee Harris.... They wouldn't have tried to do that if they felt really good about our current RB situation.
There are reports that Waddle was our #1 receiver on the board and the #2 player in the draft too.

Maybe that's true and maybe it's not, but to sit here and try and act like that report is for sure factual is pretty silly.

There are reports that Waddle was our #1 receiver on the board and the #2 player in the draft too.

Maybe that's true and maybe it's not, but to sit here and try and act like that report is for sure factual is pretty silly.

Why would someone make that up post draft? obviously the Broncos caught wind of something and sniped us by picking J. Williams.

doesn't matter, if this front office feels that our RB situation is settled right now then I question if they will be around long term.

Why would someone make that up post draft? obviously the Broncos caught wind of something and sniped us by picking J. Williams.

doesn't matter, if this front office feels that our RB situation is settled right now then I question if they will be around long term.
That's a strawman and you know it.

Not prioritizing running back in the draft doesn't mean that they think it's settled. If they drafted Harris at #18 instead, you don't think there would be just as many threads and comments talking about how "unsettled" the edge is?

You guys are acting like RB is the last position that needs to be fixed.

Newsflash: It's not, and there are far more important positions on the team that should be fixed before investing heavily to find a complement to Gaskin.

That's a strawman and you know it.

Not prioritizing running back in the draft doesn't mean that they think it's settled. If they drafted Harris at #18 instead, you don't think there would be just as many threads and comments talking about how "unsettled" the edge is?

You guys are acting like RB is the last position that needs to be fixed.

Newsflash: It's not, and there are far more important positions on the team that should be fixed before investing heavily to find a complement to Gaskin.

we have been the worst rushing team in the last two seasons....it is a big deal and I'm not saying its the only issue we have left. I'm actually glad we didn't reach for a RB, I'm just saying I'm not buying anyone trying to sell Gaskins as a featured RB, this staff is smarter than that too. I still think we will add another RB before the season starts.

we have been the worst rushing team in the last two seasons....it is a big deal and I'm not saying its the only issue we have left. I'm actually glad we didn't reach for a RB, I'm just saying I'm not buying anyone trying to sell Gaskins as a featured RB, this staff is smarter than that too. I still think we will add another RB before the season starts.
Another straw man. You're on a roll today!

Them bringing in another running back doesn't automatically indicate that they don't believe in Gaskin.

We've also been bottom 5 in the NFL two straight years in run block winning %. You wanting a RB over fixing the line indicates the kind of backwards thinking going on in regards to this entire issue.

I've seen, litterally nobody say that he us a "feature" back.

It does appear that Flo believes in a platoon philosophy over a 300+ carry, 90% of the snaps type of back.

If you disagree with that approach, that's fine but don't try to say ppl think Gaskin something he isn't.

There are maybe 4 backs in the league at any given time that fit what you are looking for. We don't have one. None are available, and you would have to overpay if they were. They don't generally make a big difference anyway.

If your big complaint is that we didn't address it in the draft, fair enough. That just means that Flo/Grier didn't see the value that you do.

Maybe next year, maybe not. Either way, no reason to diminish Gaskin, and what he is.

Last edited:
Well while Ahmad could be good, the FO disagrees that we are done at RB. They just tried to get Kerryon Johnson apparently.
I said "our stable of RB's is still a work in progress."

Don't disagree w you. Yes Ahmed COULD be good. I also would have been glad to kick the tires on Kerryon and see if he still has it.

I hope we add one more guy w some decent potential to the room and may the best guys emerge.

I'm still not happy the Eagles picked Gainwell 6 picks before us in the 5th, even tho I have no idea if we would have picked him. Now they took Kerryon when we do know we wanted him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom