Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's why Dolphins running back Myles Gaskin is better than you think

Meh. He played well in the playoffs. But during the regular season he was not as good as Gaskins.

he looked good in the regular season but had injuries and ceded a lot of carries to ronald jones.

which is basically my point, the fins dont need a superstar rb, they just need a guy like leveon bell who can split carries with Gaskin.

he looked good in the regular season but had injuries and ceded a lot of carries to ronald jones.

which is basically my point, the fins dont need a superstar rb, they just need a guy like leveon bell who can split carries with Gaskin.
Doubt he has anything left, TBH.

I'm not talking physically, more the "heart", desire, drive, or whatever term you care to use.

Not to mention, he would appear to be a malcontent prima donna.

3.8 YPC in regular season.

And that’s my point. What does bringing in a Bell do for this back field that it’s worth doing? Gaskins is a better runner. Is a good receiver. At least sticks his nose in pass protection even if it isn’t a strong point. Ahmed brings the speed to the corner. Brown brings the lumber for short yardage. I don’t see the need.

3.8 YPC in regular season.

And that’s my point. What does bringing in a Bell do for this back field that it’s worth doing? Gaskins is a better runner. Is a good receiver. At least sticks his nose in pass protection even if it isn’t a strong point. Ahmed brings the speed to the corner. Brown brings the lumber for short yardage. I don’t see the need.

I think we need a little more depth and talent at RB personally. If you don’t, that’s fine, I just don’t agree with it. Gaskins is not the most durable guy in the world.

Gaskin improved significantly from year 1 to year 2. If he can keep up that progression he could be more than serviceable. Big if, but he's shown he's willing to put in the work.

The issue here is many of us can remember starting caliber RBs for the Fins. Gaskin is not it. He does not have a dominate skill. Is he a bad player? NO. Does he strike fear in opposing DCs? No, but I would keep hiim on the 53 because he does have HEART! I would take him over Bell or Fournette. He comes to play no circus no side show.

Is it okay for us to think Gaskins is a good player to have without thinking he is a good #1 option? I’m not sure why it’s even a conversation... he’s EASILY bottom 3-5 in talent as a #1 RB but he has good intangibles, plays hard, and can do a lot of things decently well... love having him on the team. But he’s not quick enough or simply put, good enough, to be even serviceable as a starting running back in this league... he’s probably not even the best runner on the team, I’d say Ahmed showed better burst acceleration and ability to hit the hole than Gaskins (who is easily a better all around player).

Like Gaskins the player - he would be top 10-15 no question as a #2. Hopefully we get a better starter by next season.
Gaskin is good enough for the offense Flo like to run. Except for the top 15 starting backs, the rest are mashed together. Not much difference in terms of talent.

The issue here is many of us can remember starting caliber RBs for the Fins. Gaskin is not it. He does not have a dominate skill. Is he a bad player? NO. Does he strike fear in opposing DCs? No, but I would keep hiim on the 53 because he does have HEART! I would take him over Bell or Fournette. He comes to play no circus no side show.
The key word is 'remember', those years are long gone.
Stop looking for a dominant RB, the league has evolved. So should you.

The key word is 'remember', those years are long gone.
Stop looking for a dominant RB, the league has evolved. So should you.
Show me where in my post I said I was looking for a dominate back Darwin.

That might be over your head.

Show me where in my post I said I was looking for a dominate back Darwin.

That might be over your head.
You said he is not starting caliber RB, and does not have dominate skill. How else should I read into it? If I interpret incorrectly, i take it back.

The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

didn't even read it, I just know this staff isn't content with our RB situation. but Im glad they stuck to their guns and didn't reach for a RB in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom