Here’s Why This Ex-patriots Scout Believes Brian Flores Will Be ‘a Great Coach’ Read More Here: Htt | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s Why This Ex-patriots Scout Believes Brian Flores Will Be ‘a Great Coach’ Read More Here: Htt

mahomes ran himself into those sacks in the first half. took 3 points off the board with one really bad one. and missed a wide open I think wheel route to Williams for 6. that's 10 points right there

anyways I'm not overly impressed with the pats d this year is better than the one under patricia. I didn't think that was a very good group either. but in terms of how good a head coach flores will be I don't guess it has much bearing.

Anyone who isn’t optimistic with Flores over Gase is just a perpetual Debbie Downer.

With no optimism in this much needed change, one would need to check oneself and reevaluate if they are in fact rooting for the Fins to succeed.

I understand that this team has kicked you in the nuts a lot, but you got a new girlfriend now my friend. Smile and take her to dinner

Grow up. Tired of people saying, 'if you don't agree with me, you're not a real fan'.

There's plenty of reason to be skeptical.

I've given too many coaches too much time. My patience is running out. I'll give the guy two years, and by the end of those two years I need to see something, either that we tanked well and have a great young QB, that we've built a tremendous roster and are poised to be a team that consistently makes the playoffs, challenges for division titles when Belichick leaves, and has a legitimate shot at becoming a Super Bowl winning team, or at the bare minimum a playoff team that is trending strongly upward. I will forgive tanking in 2019 if we get a QB in 2020. I will not forgive going winless though, nor should I. Gase had 10 wins and the playoffs in his first season. Honestly, if that season had been year 3 instead of year 1 he would still be our coach. So, I need at least that from our next coach.

I'm just too sick of being mediocre. Wannstedt wasted our Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas years with building a solid team that had no shot at ever winning a Super Bowl. So many other coaches wasted talent building mediocrity. I'm just sick of it. Build something great or go home. My patience is worn pretty thin by the avalanche of ineptitude we've been buried under for so long.

Two years isn't fair in our situation. I don't care who the coach is. This team needs more than that to become a playoff team. Using Gase's fluke year as a measurement stick isn't sound logic IMO.

Two years isn't fair in our situation. I don't care who the coach is. This team needs more than that to become a playoff team. Using Gase's fluke year as a measurement stick isn't sound logic IMO.
I'm just sick of mediocrity. You're welcome to have whatever measuring stick you like … I'm just worn out waiting for another mediocre coach. I can't recall any coach I consider great who wasn't starting to convince me by the end of the second year. Maybe it's just me, but it's been too long since Don Shula won the division almost every year, too long since we would go a decade without losing to Buffalo, too long since we dominated the Patriots as the laughing stock of the division always waiting for them to self-destruct because we always knew we were going to win in the end. It's been too long since Dan Marino lit up the scoreboard and we knew in our hearts that we were never out of a game.

Jimmy Johnson, so much promise … and nothing came of it. All the Wannstedt, Parcells, Sparano, Cameron, Philbin, Gase … all the false dawns. I guess I've just grown weary of it. I'm not content with good. I want great or take a chance with someone else. Two decades of misery have really beaten me down I guess. But, if they're not showing progress and belief by the 2nd year, I'm not in favor of giving them the third year.

Let's hope our next coach, Brian Flores or whomever, can show something by the end of year two.

I hope he is answer. we as fan will find out. I think our defense will be better. he need work on offense.

How about trading down for ammo in the following years draft to target a QB?
In most of these cases, its actually a trade up from a value perspective, the other team pays a premium for immediate availability... In other words, when trading for future picks, the better pick is coming your way...

In most of these cases, its actually a trade up from a value perspective, the other team pays a premium for immediate availability... In other words, when trading for future picks, the better pick is coming your way...

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. future picks are viewed as less return. in other words your first or whatever round pick this year is more valuable asset wise than the 2020 return in the same round. that's why teams have to sweeten the pot more when they gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today.

You seem to be fixated on what I have to say. Do you think it could perhaps be in your best interest to simply ignore what I post since it seems to bother you so much?

Yeah, no.

You feel free to comment on those who you view as "sheeple", mock the fan base in general, and even make a comment laughing at a specific poster who wanted to have an optimistic outlook on Flores. Being negative is one thing. Mocking those who don't want to share your negativity is another thing entirely. You don't like their optimism? Feel free to put them on ignore.

There’s some sad comments in this thread.

LOL.

I’d hate to take a hobby this seriously. I’m happy I moved on from that awhile ago.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. future picks are viewed as less return. in other words your first or whatever round pick this year is more valuable asset wise than the 2020 return in the same round. that's why teams have to sweeten the pot more when they gladly pay you on Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Showing your age with that reference.

Back
Top Bottom