He's one snap away... Sage article makes me wonder... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

He's one snap away... Sage article makes me wonder...

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
these are nice:
Rosenfels completed 32 of 54 pass attempts (59.3 percent) for 476 yards and five touchdowns in three exhibition games.

The scouting report on him says strong enough arm to get the ball downfield, good movement and very accurate on short and middle-distance throws.

In high school in Maquoketa, Iowa, he played quarterback and did the punting and placekicking.

Yea I know Sage's preseason numbers do look good, but Ray's preseason numbers were just as nice. And unfortunately I was one of those fools who thought those numbers would carry over to the regular season...

Man, I still can't beleive it. Ray is better than that, he played well for the Jets where he beat Miami twice in 1999... What a dissapointment.

I would like to see what Sage can do... I think he could be our future... if Lucas strugles, now would be a good time to take a look.

Re: how bad Lucas played last week, I just got this little pearl from espn.com

"If every pass you throw clangs to the ground incomplete, your number is 39.6 under the NFL passer rating system. On Sunday, Ray Lucas achieved a rating of 26.3."

I guess there really is no place to go but up!

I'll say this about putting in "Rosy":

If Lucas starts to give another game away I'd say let him finish the half and then give him one more drive at the start of the second half. If he doesn't manage to lead the offense to SOME points or, worse, he turns it over (again, probably)... YANK HIS ASS!

I'd rather take my chances with a player that KNOWS HIS ROLE than with a player that's trying to 1) prove he should be starting SOMEWHERE (not! dream on, Ray), 2) regain the trust and respect of his teammates (good luck, you need it!) or 3) just thinking way too damn much about what he's supposed to do, ie "happy feet".

One thing I'll say now. Unless Ray's play improves DRAMATICALLY, I think this is his last year with the 'PHINS. At least, if I had a say in it... he'd be flipping burgers already.

Gee, can you tell I'm still disappointed?

Just think how much MORE PATHETIC our loss to the Bills will look AFTER the Lions beat them IN BUFFALO!!!

Mark my words.

What happened last week... shouldn't have. Bottom line.

If Ray struggles against GB, then we will have no choice but to start Sage against the Jets if Jay isn't ready.

Living in Iowa I have gotten to see Sage quite a few times for Iowa State. He is a very smart player that knows what his role is in the offense. He doesn't make many bad plays and plays within himself. He can scramble when he needs to, but does a nice job of staying in the pocket and waiting for the play to develope. I was never really sold on his deep ball, but it isn't really that bad either. Great passer on slants and out patterns, of 10 to 15 yards. I think it will take him some time, real game time, to start to shine in this type of offense. I KNOW he would have been better than Lucas last week. If I had to pick a QB that I thought Sage played like it would have to be Brad Johnson, but Sage is a lot quicker.

Back
Top Bottom