“He’s Special” - Rich Eisen on Tua Tagovailoa Making the Dolphins Relevant Again | 10/21/20 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“He’s Special” - Rich Eisen on Tua Tagovailoa Making the Dolphins Relevant Again | 10/21/20

It is overused I agree the special label that is. But with that said Tua is Special. He has a Marino fast release, pinpoint accuracy, always leads his guy to maximum yac. Look for a massive uptick in YAC. Probably see the most from a guy like grant who is really fast

All understandable points but if we were to turn down a 1st or 2nd round pick for a player who wont be on this team next year, that would be foolish on the part of the front office and I think they would pull the trigger.

I think the biggest issue pushing the trade would be RF's ability to cope sitting behind Tua. If he has issues, his best place would be off the team.

Btw, did you call Tua below mediocre? If so, you are in for a pleasant surprise.
We only have 2 QB's on the team, trade one you have no backup. You are one play away from tanking for who ever. I don't see Flores even thinking about trading him, unless Fitz forces it and I don't see that either. Fitz is a pro and obviously is a competitor of the highest magnitude, but he also went to Harvard and is smart enough to know the sun is/has set.

Are these lyrics for Chrissie Hynde or Tua?

Gonna use my arms
Gonna use my legs
Gonna use my style
Gonna use my sidestep
Gonna use my fingers
Gonna use my, my, my imagination
'Cause I gonna make you see
There's nobody else here
No one like me
I'm special (special), so special (special)
I gotta have some of your attention, give it to me

Listen as a team we are way ahead of where we should be during our rebuild. We could win the division with Fitz as qb and lose early in the playoffs. We need to see what we have in Tua, he is in a great position. We have a decent o-line, a reasonable running game and some assets at receiver. We will know now what we have in Tua ,how far away he is . The kid could carry us to the super bowl this yr or could show that he needs time to develop. We do not know. However we are in a good position to know what we have in Tua by the end of the season, That is the most important issue

Listen as a team we are way ahead of where we should be during our rebuild. We could win the division with Fitz as qb and lose early in the playoffs. We need to see what we have in Tua, he is in a great position. We have a decent o-line, a reasonable running game and some assets at receiver. We will know now what we have in Tua ,how far away he is . The kid could carry us to the super bowl this yr or could show that he needs time to develop. We do not know. However we are in a good position to know what we have in Tua by the end of the season, That is the most important issue
I hope your right about the super bowl lol

Honestly, Eisen is a tool and Peter S is as well (even though I have GMFB on now).

The biggest tool of all scared me a bit yesterday. Any guesses? Omar of course, I listened to his pod yesterday (bored). He thinks this is us packing it in for 2020 and working towards the future. Says the following (from players supposedly):

1. Tua knows about 40% of the offense.
2. One guy who goes against him on the Scout team says he holds the ball too long and is going to get killed.
3. He’s been good in practice but never great. No WOW plays.
4. Dolphins know he’s not as good a QB as Fitz right now.

Personally I don’t agree with any of this. I think this move is about 2020 and the future. Fitz’s track record shows us we have no shot with him. Let’s see if we have one with Tua.

https://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dol...ian-flores-sets-up-tua-tagovailoa-for-success
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...flores-says-starting-tua-tagovailoa-best-team

Beat writer Wolfe talking with players has a differing view about practice. Flores plays to win, he wouldn't start Tua if he didnt think he could win with him.

One player told ESPN he was surprised by the move but noted Tagovailoa keeps improving and makes one or two "wow" highlight plays in practice every week.
Multiple Dolphins players told ESPN that Tagovailoa has been impressive in practice in recent weeks, with his improvement since training camp becoming more noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom