Hester | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hester

popularwar

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Devin Hester, I know he's been talked about a lot over the past few months. I've been wondering, since we have mularkey as our OC now and he's known for having players do a little bit of everything (Kordell Stewart, Antwaan Randel El, Roscoe Parrish) is it possible we're looking at Hester to be an all-purpose guy?
The biggest knock on Hester is that he never really got a position, he was a WR, CB, KR, even tailback sometimes in Miami. We could use that to our advantage, and with this guy's speed I think we could have a lot of mismatches. I've seen him being taken in the third round in most mocks, do you guys think he'll be there when we pick? And if so, do you think we'd draft him?

popularwar said:
Devin Hester, I know he's been talked about a lot over the past few months. I've been wondering, since we have mularkey as our OC now and he's known for having players do a little bit of everything (Kordell Stewart, Antwaan Randel El, Roscoe Parrish) is it possible we're looking at Hester to be an all-purpose guy?
The biggest knock on Hester is that he never really got a position, he was a WR, CB, KR, even tailback sometimes in Miami. We could use that to our advantage, and with this guy's speed I think we could have a lot of mismatches. I've seen him being taken in the third round in most mocks, do you guys think he'll be there when we pick? And if so, do you think we'd draft him?

Is not LSU wr Skyler Green a similar player? We could get him in the 7th round maybe.

Hell no, no way you spend a 3rd on a project like that.

Multi purpose guys in the 7th:
Marques Haggans, VA
Skyler Green, LSU
Michael Robinson, PSU
etc....

Hester has no real position. He can't cover to be a CB, He can't catch to be a WR. He is really just a return guy. We have two return guys already with Wes and Campbell. No need to waste our time.

Im not big on Green either. He doesn't have that great of hands. Same thing like Hester, he would only be a return guy. The guy if any that I think would be an interesting pick would be Robinson, he could be our "randel el" guy. Would be an interesting pick up in the 7th

Quite simply the most overrated prospect in the draft bar none.

if we even took hester with a 7th round pick im going to be upset. we dont need another returner.

Boomer said:
Quite simply the most overrated prospect in the draft bar none.
i dunno, i don't hear much about him. he's definitely the biggest and most unknown project.

Juan Cribbs said:
i dunno, i don't hear much about him. he's definitely the biggest and most unknown project.

Juan, he's a guy that couldn't start at corner because he wasn't good enough, switched to WR and couldn't contribute there either because he wasn't good enough and so decided to go pro. Excellent return threat, but that's about it.

He never had a solid position. The reason he went pro and the reason why he has no position is the Hurricanes coaching staff. As much as I love the Canes they screwed Hester up.

They didn't try to find a position for him. They just tried to use him as much as possible without killing him. And it didn't work. It takes time to learn a position. Time that wasn't given to Hester.

He still has alot of potential and if the team that drafts him decides on 1 position to put him in he could excel. Even an idiot with 4.2 speed could be a decent nickelback.

Boomer said:
Juan, he's a guy that couldn't start at corner because he wasn't good enough, switched to WR and couldn't contribute there either because he wasn't good enough and so decided to go pro. Excellent return threat, but that's about it.
i know, but i'm not so sure he's the most overrated, only because i don't hear too many people mentioning his name. and if they do, they couch that by saying he's a big project and will be used primarily as a kick returner.

imo he's a straight line runner and a track athlete playing football. while he has fantastic speed, i don't think he has the agility to be the type of impact returner in the league that he was in college, and being 'slippery' is the key to being a good nfl returner. yep, he could make temple and famu look like fools, but he struggled to break loose vs miami's stronger opponents.

Back
Top Bottom