Hey...anybody got any scoop on how Alabi is doing? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey...anybody got any scoop on how Alabi is doing?

CDSrocks

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Anthony and I became friendly last year, but I haven't called him in awhile. Anybody hear how he's been doing so far?

You pretty much wont here how the OL are doing until TC because that is when they really do the blocking there.

i thought they said he was a 7th round turd in a different thread or something must of read wrong....

FinsAreLife said:
i thought they said he was a 7th round turd in a different thread or something must of read wrong....
Nah, that was our 7th round pick DT Kevin Vickerson. Anthony Alabi T is our 5th round pick.

CDSrocks said:
Anthony and I became friendly last year, but I haven't called him in awhile. Anybody hear how he's been doing so far?

Firendly? How friendly if you don't know how he's doing? Does he know your name, or did he just wave that day? :lol:

painnotpleasure said:
Nah, that was our 7th round pick DT Kevin Vickerson. Anthony Alabi T is our 5th round pick.

yep thats right, sry man, today i havint been thinking very clearly:goof:

FinsAreLife said:

He's more of a fart at this point.

CDSrocks said:

Why don't you just call him and ask him then?

He's a project. He'll end up on the practice squad or cut outright if whatever Houck saw in him disappears. If he ends up in one of the backup positions it'll be real interesting cause that means they either keep 5 tackles or St Clair, McIntosh gets das boot.

VanDolPhan said:
He's a project. He'll end up on the practice squad or cut outright if whatever Houck saw in him disappears. If he ends up in one of the backup positions it'll be real interesting cause that means they either keep 5 tackles or St Clair, McIntosh gets das boot.

We only had 6 draft picks. If he gets cut then Saban's first draft immediately falls to only a potential 83.33% - and that assumes ALL REMAINING PICKS make the roster.

Given Alabi was taken with a 5th in a year of every pick being a premium, my bet is they do not cut him unless someone really fouled up the scouting report.

Bill C said:
We only had 6 draft picks. If he gets cut then Saban's first draft immediately falls to only a potential 83.33% - and that assumes ALL REMAINING PICKS make the roster.

Given Alabi was taken with a 5th in a year of every pick being a premium, my bet is they do not cut him unless someone really fouled up the scouting report.

Yes. I don't know much about him but wasn't he supposed to have great physical abilities but is raw in technique? A guy like that would almost certainly be kept so he can be coached. Wouldn't the expectations for a guy like him be for a few years down the road anyway? I agree. No cut yet.

Bill C said:

regardless, somebody is going to get cut, probably the fart turd from the 7th. Which means we automatically get the 83. %.

But if we get a 50 percent success for starters I'll be pretty happy. that means every one of our first 3 picks will succeed.

Back
Top Bottom