Hey Dolfans I get it.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Dolfans I get it....

mwestberry

Club Member
Reaction score
...but is it not obvious to all of you that this team is not very good? I am a true fan of the Fins, have been all of my life but I cannot see how this team (not necessarily the players) has a chance to compete. Whenever we win (I have said this before) it is more likely that the other team lost. We are not dominate anywhere within this team. We cannot run the ball consistently, We cannot pass the ball consistently, we cannot stop the run and we continually give up first downs on crossing patterns and screens. Where is our identity??? I have asked this before. How are we going to earn any respect from opposing teams.
How is it that other organizations in similar rebuilding modes seem to , at least, show some respectable positive strides? What is our gameplan??/ It does not seem to be (offensively) to be creative and give defenses something to fear. It does not seem (defensively) to put the opposing offense on their heels with consistent pressure, turnovers or even forcing punts. The Bills drove the ball 90 yards against us and held the ball for 9 minutes at a time during the game when we NEEDED a stop. The Bills????? Really??? I don't want to hear "give them credit they are this and that"....Please ..we were in a position to win out against 2 teams that are definately beatable and we could not show any desire, intensity...fire.
Isn't it time to admit that this coaching staff and leadership council are the wrong group? I know many of you support this by reading your threads, but there are those who continually drink the kool-aid and make an attempt to defend what is going on. I know there have been some good things, some personnel moves that have worked well, some players that have been drafted as well as free agents that have panned out. I know there have been victories along the way. I know that there are those of you that will refer to me as a "troll". I also know that there are many players to like on this team. I also know that as a lifetime fan of this team there are changes needed in order to become a contender...a team to be respected...a team that knows how to win AND does whatever it takes to prove that to their fans week in and week out.
There is something wrong with this team. We, as fans, deserve a better product on the field. We have been patient long enough. We need to see progress that is sustainable.

There is something wrong with this team. We, as fans, deserve a better product on the field. We have been patient long enough. We need to see progress that is sustainable.

You really want this type of change? Then join the rest of us who are demanding that Jeff Ireland be fired. The identity of a team is set by its front office leadership. We are mediocre because Jeff Ireland is mediocre.

Our identity? A middle of the pack team year after year that folds like a wet paper towel when they need a win. Been this way for decades, what's gonna change now? Building a football team isn't rocket science but this team just doesn't seem to get it.

Didn't read, too long winded
Sorry I should have given you bullet points to keep your short attention span engaged......my bad

Didn't read, too long winded
Sorry I should have given you bullet points to keep your short attention span engaged......my bad

Dude, space your paragraphs for crying out loud, and don't take it too personal

I think the abridged version would be: Average players + average coach = average team.

Back
Top Bottom