Hey Dolphin Fans, Chiefs Fan Here.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Dolphin Fans, Chiefs Fan Here....

FloridaChief

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Very nice site you guys have here! Just wanted to drop in and say howdy. Your team is certainly tearing it up this year -- That must feel good. Chiefs fans are feeling less, umm, ebullient about our boys but, hey! There's always hope for the future.

It's no secret that we have the WORST D in the NFL right now, especially the DB's. You guys have prob. heard that our CBs are banged up, but truthfully, they weren't setting the world on fire when healthy. Crockett's old, and has been relegated to nickle; Warfield was over-hyped and lacks self-confidence, IMO; 1st year starter William Bartee is not coming along as fast as some expected him :( Expect the Phins WR corps to feast Sunday. Fiedler as well, might very well have a career day.

Our run D is less of a debacle, though. They held Fred Taylor pretty well except for 1 stat-skewing 60+ yd run late in the game. This week, of course, will be the test against Ricky -- gonna be interesting to see what schemes the D will have to counter the #1 RB in the league. Conversely, I'll be watching what the 'Phins D throws at Priest. Don't under estimate this guy, Miami fans! Holmes has been the focus of our opposition now since the middle of last year but has yet to be contained. I really thought NE had the best chance of shutting him down and was shocked, frankly, at the outcome.

Anyways, I won't insult you by comparing QBs. Suffice it to say Tr-INT Green is taking the heat in KC right now. And deservedly so. I expect he'll throw no less than 2 INTs vs Miami's ball-hawking D. I would say more, but believe Vermeil's putting the short leash on his errant boy-wonder from here on out.

As far our receivers go, Kinnison (to our suprise) has been the main man. Gonzales suffered from a wrist injury last week but should be back to form Sun. Biggest dissapointment for us has been Johnny Morton. Went out and got him in FA, he wins the #1 WR position in camp and when regular season starts--he disappears! Well, maybe they'll throw to him Sunday. He was a solid WR who made some spectacular catches for the Lions--this guys too good to go to waste.

Lastly, Chiefs interior D Line is finally starting to get some penetration thruogh the O Line, largely due to rookie DT Ryan Sims. Sims is coming along after missing camp & the entire pre-season :fire: I hate holdouts! Especially rookie holdouts!

Also the O Line is all we could ask for. It was already pretty good last year and with the addition of Willie Roaf, it's probably one of the top 4 or 5 in the league right now.

Well, I'm hoping for the upset victory vs the 'Phins (of course). Needless to say, the team could use it. So could the fan base ;) Saw someone on this forum refer to the 'Arrowhead advantage', sadly with a couple bad years for the Chiefs, that advantage is not what it once was. I no longer feel opposing teams dread playing at KC and the crowd doesn't seem to be as crazy-loud either. This proud tradition must be returned ASAP!

Well, good luck (tho not too good) to your guys and here's to a tough, injury-free game! BTW, if you'd like to check out a good troll-free KC fan forum, feel free to visit www.chiefsplanet.com and give us your thoughts, opinions, smaque, etc...

Nice post and I'm sure everyone here echoes my sentiments you are welcome here anytime.

I agree with most everything you said except that Priest will be underestimated. He's good, real good. The Phins know it, believe me.

As a Texas-Ex, I am very excited about the game this weekend, seeing that the top two rushers in the game are fro UT. I loved Priest when he was at UT and amhappy for his success at K.C.

I will obviously be rooting for Ricky and the fFns on Sunday but hope that Priest has continued success after this game.

TexPhinPhan

I've always had a sneaking admiration for Ricky Williams. I wanted to see him succeed ever since Ditka brought him into the league and am pleased to see him doing so well this year. It looks like he's really found a home in Miami.

Not to mention I have him on my FFL team...:p

Originally posted by FloridaChief
Saw someone on this forum refer to the 'Arrowhead advantage', sadly with a couple bad years for the Chiefs, that advantage is not what it once was. I no longer feel opposing teams dread playing at KC and the crowd doesn't seem to be as crazy-loud either. This proud tradition must be returned ASAP!

Sorry to hear the twelfth man is lagging. It's always more exciting to watch a home crowd into the game in pressure situations. I was also reading that the Chiefs are playing better on the road??

It's going to be weird watching Ricky and Priest play eachother. I hope they both have a great day, but I look for the Dolphins to take this one. And guys, keep you eye on the current RB for the Horns that will make some serious noise in the NFL one day. His name is Cedric Benson.

if anyone wants to see some ricky, cedric, or priest holmes clips back in their college days, checkout:

www.blacklab2.com/texas

Re: Re: Hey Dolphin Fans, Chiefs Fan Here....

Originally posted by Merman

Sorry to hear the twelfth man is lagging. It's always more exciting to watch a home crowd into the game in pressure situations. I was also reading that the Chiefs are playing better on the road??

Yeah, they are playing better on the road than at home. It's a complete 180 degree turnaround from the '90s when KC dominated at Arrowhead.

I don't expect much improvement on the home front either, cause if TrINT and the D don't step it up soon, the resulting boos and catcalls are gonna make things uglier that they already are...

Wow. I was looking at the current Offensive stats of 31 points a game and remembered the coverage of the Browns and Pats. But I checked the Chief's home game, 16 points and 84 yards for Holmes against the Jagaurs. Then Holmes runs for 180 yards against the Pats in NE. Lots of teams play up or down to the competition. With Miami comming in 3-0 and Ricky just barely leading in rushing I expect KC must be ready to rock. Both the team and the fans.

Thanks for the classy post FloridaChief.Just for that, I am gonna wish you lots,and lots of luck on you FFL this week.:D :D :D :D

Good post bro. I used to have a soft spot in my heart for KC back in the days of Okoye (He went to school at Azusa Pacific, right down the street from where I grew up) and Derrick Thomas. Thomas had to be one of the greatest ends to ever play the game.

I also almost got killed once in '93 cheering for the Chiefs at a Raider game in L.A. I sat in the nose bleeds and it wasn't pretty up there. Anyway, here's to the Chiefs losing this weekend but sweeping the Faiders. :happydrin

Nice, well written post Floridachief. Thanks for the link. I like to see what the other teams fans are saying about us. BTW, you're right. Holmes is a beast on the field. You guys really stole him from Baltimore.

I was just lurking on the Chief's board and they have a good sense of humor. Will probably go there later and post some ideas. :)

Originally posted by va dolfan
Thanks for the classy post FloridaChief.Just for that, I am gonna wish you lots,and lots of luck on you FFL this week.:D :D :D :D

I getcha....Hey, I'm hoping Ricky has a great game too....a couple TDs, lots o' yardage.....but in a losing effort, don't ya know? :cool:

Originally posted by Expo88
I also almost got killed once in '93 cheering for the Chiefs at a Raider game in L.A. I sat in the nose bleeds and it wasn't pretty up there. Anyway, here's to the Chiefs losing this weekend but sweeping the Faiders. :happydrin

LOL, you're braver than I am, Expo. I lived in Cali for 5 years during the 90s and there was no way I was going to go see a Chiefs-Raiders game there cuz 1) No way am I gonna go see the Chiefs live without wearing KC gear. and 2) No way would I have walked out w/o getting an ass-kicking! Those guys are animals!

Originally posted by booyeah_
Holmes is a beast on the field. You guys really stole him from Baltimore.

Yeah, my head still spins when I think about that FA pickup. Did you know Holmes was originally supposed to split carries 60/40 with our FB Tony Richardson? That idea lasted about 2 games.

Something else you guys may not know, but N.E. was VERY close to signing Priest right before we snagged them. The hang-up with the Pats management was over the signing bonus, IIRC and we just sort of came in and stole him away. I wonder if they're kicking themselves over it?

Back
Top Bottom