Hey Dolphin Fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Dolphin Fans

Oh, do you mean the Green Bay coach? I think his offense was mediocre but hey, probably better than Gase. No way to know until 3 years in.

My thoughts are, Aaron needs to step up his game significantly, and GB needs a defense. McCarthy was fired for those two reasons, Rodgers sucked for 3 seasons, and they did not solve the defense.Same problems every bad team has, poor quarterbacking, and bad defense.

As a long-time Gase supporter until about the 5th game this season where I could not overlook his poor play calling, lack of interpersonal/motivational skills, tolerance for differering player personalities and know it all attitude.. maybe accompanied with a touch of the Asbergers, etc., I would say that while I don't know much about LaFluer and while he does seem limited in experience, sight unseen, you dodged a major bullet.

I think the Packers made the clear decision to gamble on finding the next Sean McVay. I think Miami is about to go that route, too.

It seems like a real low percentage play, and it's not how I'd hire a coach, but there's a chance it will work out for you. So good luck, I guess.

Being an obvious uninformed idiot I thought Dan Campbell was an ideal HC for my 2nd most loved team -- the Pack.

Still kinda think it.

That said, can't say I'm impressed with the choice...

So let me ask you a question -- is your GM about to send GB back in the pack?

I like it. I think he was my favorite hire among the 8. Lots of impressive coaches have hired LaFleur previously. That is a hint in itself.

Then I'll always give benefit of a doubt to franchises like the Packers and Steelers in terms of major decisions like this. They know what they are doing and what they are looking for. Plug and play criteria that succeeds more often than not. Basically I will devalue my opinion when it comes to franchises like that, and trust their instincts.

Back
Top Bottom