Hey Fellow Fins Fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Fellow Fins Fans

DMoney27

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this is my first post but I have been visiting FinHeaven for the past 5 years. I am 23 years old and have lived in the Philadelphia area most of my life, but I became a fan of this team because of Dan Marino. It wasn't till about the end of the Marino era where I became obsessed and followed this team year round. Now every year I say the same thing and that is that this team is going to get better, we will make the playoffs, and we are winning the super bowl.

I wanted more than anything to see a bunch of players win a super bowl with the Dolphins. This list includes: Dan Marino, Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Pat Surtain, Sam Madison, Tim Bowens, Chris Chambers, Randy McMichael and others. These players are all gone except for JT. Now my stance on this whole situation is that it is what it is. After watching an interview with Zach Thomas on NFL Network I realized what this team has become the past five or so years. Zach said it was refreshing to be in Dallas because he is now on an established team, he is not rebuilding anymore and he knows he has a legitimate chance at contending for a super bowl this year. Now I believe this message has been sent to Jason Taylor.

If most of what has been reported is true then we were in fact looking to trade JT. However, things did not work out and we were better off keeping him. Now JT needs to realize this. I don't believe he is wrong for Dancing With The Stars or publicly expressing his interests other than football, but he does need to honor his contract. He needs to be here just like everyone else. If he does intend to still not show up then the consequences are being brought on himself and it is not Bill Parcells or Jeff Ireland's fault. So if the organization still feels that the best thing to do is keep him then he will not be traded. If he is indeed traded the end result will be good for the Dolphins because the deal would have to be a good one for them to pull the trigger on it. As far as this thing becoming a distraction, I just dont see it. Right now this is news to the players just like us. Of course the players want JT back just as we the fans do but at the end of the day they are preparing for the season. You know the question has been asked about our leadership now. Well after hearing some of these players: Holliday, Porter, Ferguson I know we are good in that category.

Sorry for writing a book here I just wanted to voice my opinion on this whole situation. I honestly believe this issue will not affect this team. Their are three options for JT: play, retire, trade. The players will soon be saying no more on the JT situation, as their only focus is on preparing for the season. Over the years it has been tough to be a fan of this team, especially living in the Philadelphia area. Win or lose my favorite 3 hours of the week is to watch this team play. I am confident that this team is now headed in the right direction. It is just a shame to see so many of our favorite players come and go without winning a super bowl with this team.

Back
Top Bottom