Hey guys.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey guys..

NolesNPhinsFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
My fiancee and i were considering moving to Naples. Are there many Phin fans there? Do many make the trek over for games? How's the scene in general? I appreciate any feedback you can give me. Thanks!

Eric

The scene? I don't know, lots of Dolphins fans but, since there are so many seasonal residents (snowbirds) there are more than a few fans from other teams around here.......Personally, I try to go to a couple of games a year.......other than that I'm in the recliner, usually watching the game with a friend or two......

side note: I have been doin alot of work for some people who just moved over from Boynton about 6 months ago......They liked it over here so much they decided to go ahead and sell their home in Boynton and bought another one here........Now they have one in the country on 41 acres and another one on the water.........must be nice huh?

Anyway welcome aboard.....I'll try to answer any question you have about Naples.......I've been here for about 30 years, so there's a possibility I may know the answer.

Never been there, but I know someone that lived there for awhile and said that the place is infested with drugs (not that everywhere else isn't, but he claims more than most), other than that, he said its great. Could be false. Like I said though, just what I was told.

Thanks Infins.. i guess i was dissappointed.. thought there would be a ton of Fin fans there.. thanks for the info. We love West Boynton, but we were just kinda kicking around some ideas in our heads.. we shall see:)

Don't let Barkers post fool you.....his friend has a problem.....Naples is the most conservative, drug free city of it's size that you're EVER going to find......OF course there are places to go for that kind of thing but, I PROMISE, you won't find any drugs unless you go looking for them......Barkers friend couldn't be MORE WRONG.

Unless of course you want prescription drugs.........There's a Doctors office on every corner. :lol: Business is good because of all the blue hairs who live(and die) here.......This place is a retirement mecca..........as a matter of fact, a saying around here goes like this, " Naples is as close to Heaven as you can get.......because everybody here is nearly dead."

:lol: :lol:
Here's a link to the local paper( the one and only local paper)........If you don't believe me about how conservative this town is, check out the BIG FRONT PAGE STORY........."Variance Granted for Over Sized Flag Pole."........:lol: :lol:

A lot of people from So. Fla. are moving out West to get away from the choas. I've been there a couple of times and it's a nice town. Definitely more peace and quiet.

Many of my friends want out... cause they say that there is nothing to do there... :lol:

Teenagers + Boredom = Disaster... lmao... take it from me when I lived in West Palm Beach :D

Getting away from S FL.. but still getting all the local flavor is what we were thinking of getting from this. I wanted to move, but still get the full taste of Dolphin Football seasons.. with lots of talk.. fans wearing gear out.. people over there going to the game etc. Thanks guys for all of your input!:)

How could you move from Palm Beach County to Naples? I live in Delray less than a mile from the beach and I couldn't pick a better place to live.

My parents have a couple Condos in Naples and I love visiting there but it's a little too redneck for my tastes. Naples has a lot of transplanted mid-westerners as well, which is probably better than all the stinkin' New Yorkers we have on the East Coast.

I dunno.. we were just talking about it in a very small possibility, and with some of these guys living over there, I decided to ask them. We LOVE west Boynton. i see your'e in Delray.. we should meet up for a game sometime!

Eric

Like I said infinsable, I could be wrong, just what I was told. And apparently I am. Actually, he does have a drug problem, psycic (sp?)

Sorry, about your friend Barker.

AQUA, just curious as to why you think Naples is a little too "redneck"?

Back
Top Bottom