Hey Ricky, sure you wanna come back now! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Ricky, sure you wanna come back now!

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Your good budy Randy Muller is the new GM of the Fins. Think he and Saban are on the same page considering Saban hired him! :rofl3:

Oh Ricky, don't make any long-term plans on your return to the NFL. Randy traded ya once. Has gone on record numerous times saying he doesn't like your game or style of play. Now, Saban hires a guy because....well he must like what Mulller told him. What does that say about Saban's thoughts on you! :rofl3:

Hey Ricky.........see ya! It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow....but I don't ever think you will suit up and play a down for the Fins again.

This year, YOU are being played by the Fins. Not the other way around! The handwriting is on the wall.

Yeah, but didn't Randy M just come out like a few weeks ago and say if he were the Dolphins he would take him back. Just that he would be real cautious!? I thought I remembered hearing that on ESPN!

I don't think this really changes anything. We already have the back of the future just like NO did when they traded him. ONLY his value was high then. Right now, we would not get a bag of peanuts for Ricky. He will play this year, but probably just to increase his trade value.

Couldn't disagree more.

Ricky will have to prove himself to the league before any team would give up anything for him, even a late round pick.....which means he will suit up for the Phins IF he suits up at all.

Remember, Saban has final say, not Mueller......he's a glorified scout here. If Saban wants Ricky to "add value to the organization:.....he'll have to play for it, at least this year.

burger13 said:
Couldn't disagree more.

Ricky will have to prove himself to the league before any team would give up anything for him, even a late round pick.....which means he will suit up for the Phins IF he suits up at all.

Remember, Saban has final say, not Mueller......he's a glorified scout here. If Saban wants Ricky to "add value to the organization:.....he'll have to play for it, at least this year.

Saban has final say, but Mueller isn't just picking up a pay check for doing nothing. He will have imput. Nick can't do it all, no one person can. Mueller and Nick must be on the same page and we know how Randy feels about Ricky. Nuff said in my book!

MikeO said:
Your good budy Randy Muller is the new GM of the Fins. Think he and Saban are on the same page considering Saban hired him! :rofl3:

Oh Ricky, don't make any long-term plans on your return to the NFL. Randy traded ya once. Has gone on record numerous times saying he doesn't like your game or style of play. Now, Saban hires a guy because....well he must like what Mulller told him. What does that say about Saban's thoughts on you! :rofl3:

Hey Ricky.........see ya! It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow....but I don't ever think you will suit up and play a down for the Fins again.

This year, YOU are being played by the Fins. Not the other way around! The handwriting is on the wall.

I didn't know Ricky read this site. :eek:

MarinoEqualsGod said:
I didn't know Ricky read this site. :eek:

I know his MOM does! ;)

MikeO said:

Saban wouldn't have spent MONTHS trying to get in touch with Ricky and MONTHS trying to talk him into coming back then turn around and change his mind just because Mueller doesn't like Ricky. Maybe Mueller didn't like RWs style of play, but last I checked Saban was still the coach and made the final call on all personnel moves. This is an emotional thread based on your own feelings toward Ricky- not reality. If Saban truly wanted Ricky to play for us, Ricky will. The Mueller hiring didn't happen over night. We were probably talking to him months ago while courting RW to come back and Mueller probably knew about it. Ricky may not LIKE Mueller, but with Saban as HIS COACH AND BOSS, then Ricky will probably live with having Mueller in the OFFICE not on the PRACTICE FIELD or SIDELINES.

IMO this hire makes it more likely that RW will eventually be traded. Mule spoke about the RW return (I believe it was this last week) and said that if Miami can keep RW clean and he gains 1000 yds then they should be able to get something for him in a trade. Now I'm guessing that he must have already known he would be hired by the Dolphins b/c it seems unlikely that all this was worked out over the weekend.

SCall13 said:
Saban wouldn't have spent MONTHS trying to get in touch with Ricky and MONTHS trying to talk him into coming back then turn around and change his mind just because Mueller doesn't like Ricky. Maybe Mueller didn't like RWs style of play, but last I checked Saban was still the coach and made the final call on all personnel moves. This is an emotional thread based on your own feelings toward Ricky- not reality. If Saban truly wanted Ricky to play for us, Ricky will. The Mueller hiring didn't happen over night. We were probably talking to him months ago while courting RW to come back and Mueller probably knew about it. Ricky may not LIKE Mueller, but with Saban as HIS COACH AND BOSS, then Ricky will probably live with having Mueller in the OFFICE not on the PRACTICE FIELD or SIDELINES.

Thank you for saving me from typing that......

I could not agree more.

SCall13 said:

see...i don't think saban has spent months and a lot of time to get Ricky to come back...the fact is...ricky needs the dolphins more than the dolphins need him...right now.

the driving force behind ricky's intent to come back is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...he owes this organization a lot of it...about $8.6 million...and now he also needs to put $300K in a trust fund for another one of his children...plus child support...geezz...he really needs to make some dough...so...my feeling is you won't see him play past the 2005 season in a Fins uniform...maybe this season but that's all folks.

Go Fins!!!

Randy Mueller is our new GM. Ricky Williams is looking to come back to the Miami Dolphins. Man... this is going to be an interesting confrontation, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I am very opinionated about Ricky Williams but all I am going to say here is I doubt he will play a down for the Dolphins. I am not a contractual genius but it is my understanding that if we trade Ricky Williams, the team that gets him has to take over payments of his contract, if he comes back to play for us isnt the 8.6 million dollars of debt cleared? I very well may be wrong but if we trade him for anything, 6th round pick, pair of cleats, what ever; he still owes us and we dont have to pay him a cent. Correct me if I am wrong

No one knows Rickys future now not even himself half the time i bet.

Randy did say he would take Ricky back, I remember that. Also, Mueller has nothing to do with who plays or not, that is not his job!

what does one have to do with the other. It is not like these two people actually hate each other. It is not like they are sworn enemies.

Back
Top Bottom