HEY, WILLIE! At least the Dolphins have a plan | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HEY, WILLIE! At least the Dolphins have a plan

I love the idea of having two top ten QB’s on the roster for a couple years...don’t get why some are opposed...it works financially.
Blu you have to read back a bit the person I was responding too wanted to double up in this years draft but later in the first forgoing the cream ~ AND we already have Rosen

That by my count is 3 first rd QBs

Last edited:
Double down on crap QBs - no thanks
Build a D
Keep Rosen and run the ball - 3 downs and a cloud of dust
Yeah, because all of the top qbs in the league were drafted number one? What is that 5 now?...Newton, Stafford, Mayfield, Winston and Goff. None of whom are among the elite.

You have a better chance of success if you trade down and obtain even more high picks allowing you to build a complete team and also allowing you to draft two talented qb prospects. As opposed to trading up (If we don't have the #pick) and giving up a large portion of the draft capital we've already obtained and resting most of our hopes on ONE player who may end up being a bust.

Then whoever doesn't win the starting job down the road becomes backup and the other is trade bait.

I think everyone realises that each one of those Browns drafts were crappy, the very second after each player was named. I would say all of them were reaches, and remembering how the Browns were run as an organisation, its hardly surprising. Miami are nowhere near as bad as what the browns were. Nowhere near it.

I will add, that they have to get the QB pick right with one of those picks. If they have the first pick, they need to take a shot at whoever they believe is the best QB in the draft. With the rest of their picks, I agree with you, use those picks to match value with the player you are picking and even stockpile more picks for the following draft if possible.

Totally agree. That top pick has to be the top rated qb on their board to at minimum compete with Rosen. The latter hasn’t done anything to change that. 12 games left. I feel like we will be 12 weeks from now still saying the same thing.

Some of our former players going back to 2015.....

How much better is this team than our starting lineup? How many wins could Bill Belichick or Sean Payton get out of this group?

QB Tannehill
RB Jay Ajayi, Frank Gore, Damien Williams, Lamar Miller
WR Danny Amendola
WR Kenny Stills
WR Jarvis Landry
LT Laremy Tunsil
LG Richie Incognito
C Mike Pouncey
RG Billy Turner
RT JaWuan James

DE Cam Wake, William Hayes
DT Jordan Phillips