Hickey, the only candidate left | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hickey, the only candidate left

bcfinfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Its pretty sad when the fins are basically forced to take the only gm candidate left because of the way they do business. Nobody else wanted to come here. Even Tampa Bay didn't want to hire him as their gm and he had been there 18 seasons.

It is sad, but this could have been a comment on another thread...no need to start a new thread.

Its pretty sad when the fins are basically forced to take the only gm candidate left because of the way they do business. Nobody else wanted to come here. Even Tampa Bay didn't want to hire him as their gm and he had been there 18 seasons.

You mean the only candidate left that was willing to commit to Philbin. If you think that's a mistake, cool. However because our owner wants that setup in no way should be viewed in a negative light. It's not an uncommon arrangement, and it's his team, his money, his rules.

I'm personally sick and tired of ppl implying because Ross wants this setup it is more proof that he is a buffoon. He may be a buffoon (he is), but this reported power structure IMO may prove he's not as stupid as many of us think he is.

We aren't the first or last franchise to have this problem.

We're simply having a down time. Sure everyone clamors to join a winning organization, and destroy it (Speilman).

It's whole lot harder to find someone to bring a team back to respectability.

It's sad when fans come up on this board and think they have any idea of what the hiring process was actually like.

Zero clue, buddy. Nice try.

It's sad when fans come up on this board and think they have any idea of what the hiring process was actually like.

Zero clue, buddy. Nice try.

Why don't you enlighten me on what its really like. You obviously know more than everybody else.

I don't think Hickey's hire is sad at all. There is a good post on one of the other threads from NRA that reminds everyone about the reports after Hickey's first interview was that "he hit it out of the park". He liked the set up, he liked Philbin........there might be more high profile guys, but Hickey is now all ours.

The King is dead.....long live the king!

Nobody else wanted to come here eh? Some didn't want to be the GM b/c they weren't given permission to fire Philbin either now or in a year. I don't see how awful that is.

I'm far from thrilled about it either - but aside from the bug-eyed Pat and the Xman, the other 2 possibilities in play didn't inspire me either. I am not optimistic this will turn out well, but we need to move forward and hope to be pleasantly surprised rather than starting new bandwidth-consuming, self-indulgent whinefests (cuz there aren't enough already, eh?)

Nobody else wanted to come here eh? Some didn't want to be the GM b/c they weren't given permission to fire Philbin either now or in a year. I don't see how awful that is.

And thats why they didn't want to come here. GM's in every sport want the right to hire their own people.

I'm far from thrilled about it either - but aside from the bug-eyed Pat and the Xman, the other 2 possibilities in play didn't inspire me either. I am not optimistic this will turn out well, but we need to move forward and hope to be pleasantly surprised rather than starting new bandwidth-consuming, self-indulgent whinefests (cuz there aren't enough already, eh?)

You're using up bandwidth by whining about my whining.

Back
Top Bottom