Hidden Treasure For Dolphins: Fs Kendall Edwards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hidden Treasure For Dolphins: Fs Kendall Edwards

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Way Way Back....before there was a Finheaven or DolfanTalk I told you all about a former player I coached named Sammy Knight on the then popular Dolphin Digest Message Board. At that time, the Draft was coming up and I actually felt so sure that he'd be a great pro I even took the risk of sending in my thoughts to the Dolphins front office (not that they'd care...LOL). I knew that he understood JJ's 4-3 system as he had played it in High School (SS)and in college at USC (at OLB).

Well, here I am again. I'm telling you about the best player I've ever coached, and I've coached some good ones. Some I coached in High School, others I coached in All Star games, and some I coached in youth ball.
Guys like Kyle Turley, Sammy Knight, Hakim Akbar, Sean Brewer, etc.... I've also coached against some NFL players, Chris Clairborne, Tony Boselli, etc....and this guy was better than all of them.
The player I'm posting about is Kendall Edwards, CB from Fresno State. I've made a few posts about him here and on some other boards, and I'm telling you guys, he is a no doubt, absolute, for sure, NFL player, starter, and probable star....if he's healthy. He knows our system's base from his High School days and can play any position in the secondary....although I see him as an NFL FS. I feel confident saying Kendall will play in the NFL based on two former players I've coached that have done well (SS Knight, FS Hakim Akbar - Former 5th rounder out of Washington who started as a true frosh...drafted by NE now a OLB in St. Louis) and could niether beat out Kendall Edwards. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

He is a good enough RB to play in the NFL, but his skills as a DB have always kept him on the Defensive side of the ball. He hits like Sammy Knight, but is much faster and has CB abilities in coverage. Everyone that coached both he and sammy Knight think that Kendall is hands down a better player. Kendall for example played for me and was not only a two time 2,000 yard rusher, but he also led the team is tackles from his FS position, and was the CIF player of the year (The hugest of huge awards in California HS ball). His 40 time in High School was 4.4 and I hear bwefore the knee injury he was even quicker, although I don't know where his speed is now. He is smart, hard working, and a good guy. Whoever lands him has a rare player that might just start as a rookie..... Ala Sammy Knight.

Wait and see.....remember the name..Kendall Edwards will be a special player. Arturo Freeman at FS? Kendall would chase Arturo down and snap him in half. He is a vicious hitter and playmaker. I will tell you now his College stats are not all that impressive, but nonetheless I'll stick by my guns on him. Whereever he ends up he will star on special teams and it's my bet feeling that he will be a standout FS for somebody.....I hope its the Miami Dolphins. He and Sammy Knight's families go way back, so I'm hoping that Sammy puts in the word for him with the Dolphins staff. The guy has more than a little "somethin-somethin"

http://gobulldogs.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/edwards_kendall00.html

pedwardske-1.jpg
Kendall Edwards

sounds good. He dresses well too.:cool:
we defenitely need guys who can hit, especially in december. could be a nice 6th or 7 rd. pick? dont know where he stands in that regaurd but if spielman gets the word, im sure he would take a looksie.

Sounds like you've coached alot of good players! I say let's bring him in and give him a look!!

I dunno.. The guy only started 4 games in college, and like you said, numbers aren't that impressive, so unless someone does put in a good word for him ala Sammy, most teams probably won't even take a look at him until the Rookie FA market.

Kendall could go undrafted. If so, Miami had better come calling. I wouldnt be surprised though to see him go to someone as early as the 5th round. His situation is alot like that FS Bell that we drafted last year.....but I'm telling you, if he ends up in Miami there is nobody on this roster right now that will keep him off the field at FS.

I don't know. I mean he's like the 30th rated CB. That's not too great, let's consider the knee injuries maybe he was top 20?

Undrafted fine doesn't hurt. He sounds almost exactly like Arturo being a former S moving to CB and back to S again.

You forgot to mention that he tore up his knee 2 years ago in the San Diego St. game and hasn't been the same player since. I'm very familier with Edwards, and he couldn't beat out a couple of sophomores last year on Fresno St. He ended up not playing much at all at the end of the season. I think he can be a good gunner on special teams. He annhiliated an Oregon St. player 3 years ago (illegal hit, but it was still amazing). Maybe bring him in as an undrafted FA, but a star? Come on, let's not get carried away.

Originally posted by finfan54
sounds good. He dresses well too.:cool:
we defenitely need guys who can hit, especially in december. could be a nice 6th or 7 rd. pick? dont know where he stands in that regaurd but if spielman gets the word, im sure he would take a looksie.

No Offense But i dont think knights that good of a SS he is slow and hes just a hard hitter we need speed on his spot but thats just me...:rolleyes:

No this guy is faster than Knight, but he is also much smaller.

Sounds good, Im rooting for the kid. On an side note, I'd like to see Dolfan Mike take over for Wanny some day....

Back
Top Bottom