Hiring Ron Wolf a big Mistake!!!!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hiring Ron Wolf a big Mistake!!!!!!!

As someone else pointed out, Bobby Beatherd holds a very similar position elsewhere with no resulting tension. I don't think it's as much of an issue as the article claims.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
What makes Rick so terrible?

The guy has done most of the leg work on the personnel decisions the Dolphins have made. Signings like Larry Chester and Sammy Knight were very good for this team and didn't break the team's salary cap structure. Miami has done a good job of getting rookie free agents in under Rick's watch: Adewale Ogunleye, Trent Gamble, Tommy Hendricks, Greg Jerman, and Billy Yates are rookie free agents that Rick liked and got Wannstedt to sign. All have shown signs that they will be good players on this team, whether it be as a back up, potential starter, or a special teams player.

I don't think anyone thinks Rick is terrible. We're all just afraid that if he is promoted to GM that when the time comes to make a pick or sign a FA that he'll bend to pressure that may come from Wannstedt. I mean c'mon guys....he wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Dave. You can't tell that won't affect his decisions. He's only human and he has to have loyalties to Wanny. At least if they bring in a new GM we won't second guess the way we would with Spielman. No knock on the guy. He has done a great job but the situation is just too fishy. Nobody wants more of the last 4 years and if you bring back the same people that's all you'll get.

Originally posted by inFINSible

4 pro-bowlers this year(not more talent than last year)....all on defense....but, defense wasn't really the problem was it?
:shakeno: no it was not. Just to talk to Giants fans and they can tell the true pain of having little talent overall, but dropping from a SB contender to 4-12 because you have no OL and cannot run your O.

We were not that bad, but the OL prevented us from being a playoff caliber team.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
I'm still trying to figure out where the logic behind the idea that if Spielman is a GM, he'll be Wannstedt's lap dog?

They way I see it is is that Wanny still wants "hands on" in our draft....Its true he does!!...This is why they want a guy that can get along with Jones and Wanny!!!...so he can be there puppet and Mueller has already said no!!!

BTW what exactly is Jones's role on this team???

Originally posted by musphinzfan

They way I see it is is that Wanny still wants "hands on" in our draft....Its true he does!!...This is why they want a guy that can get along with Jones and Wanny!!!...so he can be there puppet and Mueller has already said no!!!

BTW what exactly is Jones's role on this team???

Mueller has not said no, unless there's some new report I've missed since lunch.

Jones is team president, right?

Ron Wolf,the man behind Favre and Brooks at QB. The other post made here shows wolf has success in every round of the draft. Wolf also drafted late, Green Bay had many winning seasons. He was also cap saavy and learned the sport from Al Davis where he refined front office excellence.
Wolf has a great eye for spped players as well. Where will find the next GIlbert Brown, sign the next Raggie WHite FA vet, or find another strong arm QB to compliment EL RICKY!??? He stands as the man to get from quantitative and qualitative aspects!

Back
Top Bottom