Hitting the Nail on the Head: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hitting the Nail on the Head:

Most interesting to me was:

"First and foremost, Saban must accept that Chris Chambers, a so-called #1 receiver, is a fraud. Instead of getting better, he is getting worse. He whines and moans about not getting his chances, yet forgets to mention he does little to create his own opportunities. His route running is abysmal and his continued penchant for body catching the ball is ruinous. Too easily eliminated by opposing defenses, Chambers is essentially harmless. He just isn’t a difference-maker.

Neither is Randy McMichael. He has proven himself to be completely untrustworthy as a receiving threat and out loud laughable as a big play tight end.

It’s time for the Dolphins to admit that they made serious mistakes in giving Chambers and McMichael big contracts and cut their losses before another season of disappointments can come to pass."

Pretty much confirms what I've been saying about those two. Chambers and McMichael are NOT the answer.

i totally agree particularly with the part about chambers and mcmichael and there contract situation, and the importance of having ricky williams on the team.

I keep reading all these posts and pseudo-articles about what needs to be done and what doesn't need to be done. Everyone has a right to their opinion and I assume I should come to expect the pot shots at the coach. But I look around the NFL and what do I see?

I've seen our own fans admire the job performance in St. Louis from the first year head coach.

People seem to be in shock of the results Green Bay is having with it's first year coach.

Vikings fans seem to be content with their new man in charge too.

I see a San Fransisco organization quite content with the results of their second year head coach.

Some of you might be impressed with all these results too. You may feel the head coach of one of these organizations is the flavor of the month.

They all have the same record as the Miami Dolphins.

Consider that when speaking of this head coach and this organization.

Unlike the Miami Dolphins, these organizations have their starting QB at the helm.

Unlike the Miami Dolphins, these organizations have their starting RB and their second string RB. We have neither.

Please consider this when bashing your second year head coach and his staff. That is all I ask. Just give a little thought before clamouring for someones head. It might just save this franchise from a obscurity.......

it's about expectations. None of those team's mentioned were expected to do much.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
And like in MLB, when a manager doesn't know how to properly use his pitching staff, the team gets a new manager.
Give it up already. We all know you are a Jets fan jsut trolling our site.

zonk4ever said:
it's about expectations. None of those team's mentioned were expected to do much.
Then your expectations are unrealistic. Saban inherited an absolute disaster, in both personnel and cap situation. He took a team that had serious attitudinal problems and has turned them inot fighters and competitors.
This isn't Madden where you can just turn over 3/4 of your roster. It takes time.

harrington is pathetic. fin fans need to get their heads out of their *****. why was it difficult to understand that when a team drafts a franchise qb in the top 5, then trades him 4-5 years later for a conditional 6th round pick that he is a bum? harrington is a bum. combine him with mularkey and what do you get? a pathetic offense that makes you guys think everyone on it sucks. this team needs a new qb and a new oc. it doesn't need to trade chambers. it doesn't need to trade mcmichael.

ZOD said:
I keep reading all these posts and pseudo-articles about what needs to be done and what doesn't need to be done. Everyone has a right to their opinion and I assume I should come to expect the pot shots at the coach. But I look around the NFL and what do I see?

I've seen our own fans admire the job performance in St. Louis from the first year head coach.

People seem to be in shock of the results Green Bay is having with it's first year coach.

I see a San Fransisco organization quite content with the results of their second year head coach.

Some of you might be impressed with all these results too. You may feel the head coach of one of these organizations is the flavor of the month.

Unlike the Miami Dolphins, these organizations have their starting QB at the helm.

Unlike the Miami Dolphins, these organizations have their starting RB and their second string RB. We have neither.

Please consider this when bashing your second year head coach and his staff. That is all I ask. Just give a little thought before clamouring for someones head. It might just save this franchise from a obscurity.......

Good point. I personally really liked the article, but mainly for pointing out
the jokes that Chambers and McMichael have been this year. He was harsh on the coaches, at least somewhat. Hope springs eternal, but I think that we'll improve nicely next year with Culpepper healthy, Ricky back, a strong draft class (Ted Ginn, anyone?) and money to burn in FA (Adalius Thomas, LAnce Briggs, Chris Dielman, Eric Steinbach).

We beat the Pats 21-0....it's Joy-Joy....we get beaten by the Bills 21-0....the world is ending.

We win as a team....we lose as a team.

I've been saying for years that Chambers IS NOT A NUMBER ONE RECEIVER....now most fans here agree....McMichael is a decent tightend....but he'll never be a top tightend....when one of your best receivers is a guy named Welker....your team has a major problem.

Now lets look at our Running back....a good decent kid....gets decent yards...but he's not even close to being a top running back in the NFL....as far as I'm concerned....he hasn't proved he's worthy of the pick....heck...have we missed him the last few games....even losing against the Bills....the team averaged 4 yds a carry....you can't blame the O-line.

The Dolphins have many problems....and most of us have realized that now for awhile....some fans just yell....it's the QB.....Well, even Marino had bad games...and Marino lost games....but Marino had talent, that this team doesn't have.

So we again....wait....and wait....to see what Saban and Wayne now do....to fix the Dolphins.

ZOD said:

good point, all those teams are in the less-competitive nfc as well, so saban is doing this, in a tougher division

Joey tossed a few blanks, Mulakey was also conservative and McDrop, Shambles, er Chambers' drops, and Booker hurt didn't help Joey either. It wasn't all Joey's fault so I disagree he should have been yanked quicker and that was Saban's fault. It seemed they game planned a run happy offense and never really got on track when they realized they needed to throw to win.

Chambers and McMike both should be gone.
New offensive coordinator, one who has input on personnel and I think we need to drop the playbook because it just isn't worth keeping. Let someone up and coming and innovative get a shot, get us some WRs and TEs who can fricking catch the damn ball and an OL that hold blocks.

Reality check : We're the worst team in the AFC East. We're also the oldest team in the league. It's time to re-evalute the talent / age on the current roster, and make some needed changes. The future of the Phinz is hanging in the balance right now, and looking at the current starting roster, Saban has some serious decisions to make in terms of our future.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
Reality check : We're the worst team in the AFC East. We're also the oldest team in the league. It's time to re-evalute the talent / age on the current roster, and make some needed changes. The future of the Phinz is hanging in the balance right now, and looking at the current starting roster, Saban has some serious decisions to make in terms of our future.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Amen.

Looking at what we have and what we need....it's not going to happen in just one year....so again....we wait. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom