Hmmm..a Trade that didn't happen. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hmmm..a Trade that didn't happen.

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Dolphins | Expressed Interest in Jaguars' Garrard
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:26:20 -0700

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports the Miami Dolphins expressed an interest in trading for Jacksonville Jaguars QB David Garrard prior to Garrard signing a new three-year deal to remain in Jacksonville. The Jaguars' asking price of a first-round pick in exchange for the quarterback was believed to be too steep

And thank goodness...it didn't. But I find it very interesting that the Dolphins were ready to trade for Garrard....if they are so in love with Smith or Rodgers.

I remember hearing about this Garrad has talent but a 1st rounder for him is even to steep of a price for Wanny to pay. Think of the backlash that this deal would have gotten. GreenMonster

First round pick? Good thing Saban was here to stop Spielman from doing this. I bet Lil' Rick was drooling.

fishypete said:

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports the Miami Dolphins expressed an interest in trading for Jacksonville Jaguars QB David Garrard prior to Garrard signing a new three-year deal to remain in Jacksonville. The Jaguars' asking price of a first-round pick in exchange for the quarterback was believed to be too steep

And thank goodness...it didn't. But I find it very interesting that the Dolphins were ready to trade for Garrard....if they are so in love with Smith or Rodgers.

Lets be thankful it didnt. We would have just continued the recycling program that Miami has now become famous for.

HysterikiLL said:
First round pick? Good thing Saban was here to stop Spielman from doing this. I bet Lil' Rick was drooling.

Saban makes the trades...not Rick.

If your going to get any QB from Jacksonville

Get Leftwich, he almost beat pitt last season, There kicker missed a 56 yard field goal a little right...But it did have the distance!

Cedric_Benson said:
If your going to get any QB from Jacksonville

Get Leftwich, he almost beat pitt last season, There kicker missed a 56 yard field goal a little right...But it did have the distance!

They wouldn't even give him up for our #2 overall. But I'd sure as hell do it...

Hello...The point that appears to be missing here is....while Saban is talking up Smith and Rodgers....he's talking about trading for a backup in Jacksonville. I would think this doesn't hold well for the Dolphins selecting a QB early...if Saban is looking in the junk piles.

fishfan34 said:
What is it with cast off second string Jags QB's that these guys look at? Geesh. Thank god for Saban!

Thank God for Saban? He's the person in charge....he's the person looking in to the trade for Garrard...geez....doesn't anyone get it? Forget the price...it's the act thats strange.

Garrard can still be dealt. He now has a longer contract that will make him easier to deal. He has tons of talent but I wouldn't give up a 1st

A 1st? Thats a fool's bargain(or is it Speilman-bargain)! He has talent but is raw and worth at most a 5th.

You don't think it makes it look like he doesn't trust Feeley and Frerrotte?

Maybe he thought he could get a QB he liked for a 3rd or 4th instead of using the #2 on one. Perhaps failing that, he is going to get his QB in the draft.

fishypete said:
Hello...The point that appears to be missing here is....while Saban is talking up Smith and Rodgers....he's talking about trading for a backup in Jacksonville. I would think this doesn't hold well for the Dolphins selecting a QB early...if Saban is looking in the junk piles.

True, and surely potential trade-up partners would be aware of this and therefore diminish pretty much any smokescreen we had.

fishypete said:

Please no!!!

Back
Top Bottom