Hof Considers To Policy That You Commit To Being Present.

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by bakerbakerthetdmaker, Aug 6, 2018.

1. bakerbakerthetdmaker

bakerbakerthetdmaker Banned Hammered

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/06/hof-ponders-a-t-o-rule/ I LOVE this. Yes. You should have to commit to being present for the induction to get considered to be a finalist. It's called respect and tradition. Yes, I am saying that if you can't be present for your induction you are not a Hall of Famer. Like running for president and skipping the inauguration.

2. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Meh, earning a place in the hall of fame is about what you did as a player, not turning up at a ceremony.

NBP81 and superphin like this.
  3. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Shifty Gold Administrator Finheaven VIP

So does that mean they are going to dig up dead players and prop their rotten corpses at the podium and hire Jeff Dunham to deliver their speeches for them?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    NBP81 and superphin like this.
  4. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Yea I wondered this. Didn't we recently induct someone into the fins honor roll who couldn't attend? So what? He did more than enough on the field over the course of many seasons

DisturbedShifty likes this.
  5. bakerbakerthetdmaker

bakerbakerthetdmaker Banned Hammered

No, it's about you being HOF caliber meaning you have some modicum of class in addition to your on the field accomplishments.

6. superphin

superphin don't go clown shoes on us Finheaven VIP

HOF caliber does not at all mean you have even a shred of class. HOF caliber is all about your performance on the field. If it were based on class we would have a good amount of players left out.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  7. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek Finheaven VIP

T.O. is relishing his last 15 minutes of being a diva in the limelight, I'm sure. Probably doing sit ups in his driveway while crying about it right now.

As an aside, maybe the funniest Hard Knocks moment ever was when he was handing out his 'I love me some me' t shirts and Pacman lit up like a Christmas tree when he got his. ('Yes! I DO love me some me.' *not an actual quote but you could see him thinking it.*) Classic.

superphin likes this.
  8. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Yee Haw! Finheaven VIP Donator

Even if you think TO has a point, and he probably does, he actually undermines his own message... by being himself.

I just can't believe, even for a moment, that this is about anything other than T.O. wanting to get some attention.