Hof Jets C Kevin Mawae Pays Respect To His "nemesis" In Hof Speech. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hof Jets C Kevin Mawae Pays Respect To His "nemesis" In Hof Speech.

Do you remember when ZT broke Mannings jaw?

Yes I do. Zach Thomas is probably the one Dolphin aside from Marino that Manning really respected. I know he has repeatedly said that Zach knew most all of his plays and formations and would call them out while Manning was changing them.

Mawae, Manning, Urlacher... That's 3 HOF'ers that have sung Zach's praises. There may be more that I'm not aware of. Stats and accolades aside, it still seems like a no-brainer to me.

Couldn’t agree more. Interesting to me is that Mawai refers to Zach as his nemesis. While most longtime fans are aware of the struggles Zach had with Mawai, using the word “nemesis” would seem to imply that Mawai believes he had similar struggles with Zach. That’s respect for your opponent right there.

There is a middle ground opinion here...

Zach Thomas was a Dolphin great... overperformed and put up nice numbers. He is, in my eyes, a fringe player. He was very good, but I didn't consider him great. I think that entire defense was overrated - partially due to complete lack of help from the offensive side - but partially cause they just choked a lot. Consistently choked in crucial moments it felt like. If they were as elite as it seemed, they would have CONSISTENTLY carried our offense.

There was a season we sent something like 6 or 7 defensive players to the probowl... another year of choking.

He was a good player who was consistent for the most part, but I would be okay with ZT not being in the HOF. Just my opinion.

Zach Thomas doesn't need a jacket or a bust to be a hall of famer. His fame in our halls will resonate forever.

And he'll get in eventually.

We were fortunate to watch that mutant fly across the field for us.

Guys please stop quoting that poster who can no longer post here.

The posts you are quoting have been removed

Yes I do. Zach Thomas is probably the one Dolphin aside from Marino that Manning really respected. I know he has repeatedly said that Zach knew most all of his plays and formations and would call them out while Manning was changing them.
Absolutely right Manning is on the record numerous times talking about how smart Zach was, however it was Lorenzo Bromell that broke Peyton's jaw. I was at that game, live I thought it was Taylor that got the hit but later I found out I was wrong.

There is a middle ground opinion here...

Zach Thomas was a Dolphin great... overperformed and put up nice numbers. He is, in my eyes, a fringe player. He was very good, but I didn't consider him great. I think that entire defense was overrated - partially due to complete lack of help from the offensive side - but partially cause they just choked a lot. Consistently choked in crucial moments it felt like. If they were as elite as it seemed, they would have CONSISTENTLY carried our offense.

There was a season we sent something like 6 or 7 defensive players to the probowl... another year of choking.

He was a good player who was consistent for the most part, but I would be okay with ZT not being in the HOF. Just my opinion.
Ultimately I believe Zach should be in, but you’re right about that defense. They choked in every big spot they were ever in. Drove me mother****ing insane.

So glad to hear this about Mawae's speech. It should be that little extra that Zach needed to finally get in.

Back
Top Bottom