HOF WR Cris Carter Convinced Tua Is Miami's Long-Sought Replacement of Dan Marino | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HOF WR Cris Carter Convinced Tua Is Miami's Long-Sought Replacement of Dan Marino

We cant say surely what Tua will do for this team when he comes on, we can only speculate, but I feel more comfortable rolling the dice on Tua succeeding based on his history more than any other QB in the NFL.

I love Pat Maholmes but he isnt Miami's star. Miami is taking a chance on Tua when his life was in chaos, we adopted him, he is our child now. We will need to take care of him so he can take care of us.

I have never been a believer in what personalities athletes should have, nor do I base my sports opinions on them, but this kid is the ideal mentor you want leading a team... and he happens to be one of the greatest college QB's of all time. I would take a risk on a guy like Tua every time because he has the chance of being special.

True, but that's one hell-of-an endorsement IMO. Cris Carter knows his **** as a HOF WR. He ain't a nobody. Now, I can't wait to see why he would say such things with such conviction about our young QB.
No offense, but if this were the ringing endorsement you claim it to be, why aren't guys like Terrell Owens and Randy Moss the highest paid scouts and GMs in the league?

Little did I know when I tuned in to watch the Hawai’i state championship game 4 years ago and was wowed by the talented kid leading St Louis school to the title that that kid would be leading my beloved Dolphins. I’m over the moon excited. What’s best is now every Dolphins game will be broadcast here. Hawai’i loves their players.

Little did I know when I tuned in to watch the Hawai’i state championship game 4 years ago and was wowed by the talented kid leading St Louis school to the title that that kid would be leading my beloved Dolphins. I’m over the moon excited. What’s best is now every Dolphins game will be broadcast here. Hawai’i loves their players.
So until this time last year, you saw every Titans game for four years?

No offense, but if this were the ringing endorsement you claim it to be, why aren't guys like Terrell Owens and Randy Moss the highest paid scouts and GMs in the league?
Because they don't need the money and don't want the hassle? Pretty sure it takes a certain drive and mentality to be a GM or a scout. That might explain why it's so rare that former HOF players do either job just to stay close to the game. As I recall, Marino tried something similar and lasted only a short time before he said No Thanks!. Just because you don't want to grind football all day after a successful career does not mean you don't still know your craft and what it takes very well.

Because they don't need the money and don't want the hassle? Pretty sure it takes a certain drive and mentality to be a GM or a scout. That might explain why it's so rare that former HOF players do either job just to stay close to the game. As I recall, Marino tried something similar and lasted only a short time before he said No Thanks!.
I don't think Marino was ever a GM or scout. He was head of player operations, or some such nonsense. Then he demoted himself to advisor, so he can hang around the facilities all the time.

I guess he doesn't like fishing or golf.

So until this time last year, you saw every Titans game for four years?
Basically, except once the luster wore off of Mariota perhaps two or three years ago, they stopped showing the Titans. Hopefully that never happens with Tua. What sucked is that one year they showed every Titans game except the one when they played Miami. ?

I don't think Marino was ever a GM or scout. He was head of player operations, or some such nonsense. Then he demoted himself to advisor, so he can hang around the facilities all the time.

I guess he doesn't like fishing or golf.
Yeah, that's why I said, "something similar". Even that gig was gonna be too much grind for him at that point. Can't say I blame him one bit.

Against the Vikings his old team and it cost us the playoffs I think. I always wondered about that and where his allegiance was.
It was a brutal drop. Gave Vikings a chance to win game which if we won then we were in playoffs again for like the 6 year in row. I think it was longest active streak in nfl. We lost. Then blew 10 point lead to pats next week with four mins left. Missed playoffs. So many misses that year. Those two games plus having to start backup qb for games when fielder was hurt. Can’t remember his name but he was awful and from the jets.
just remembered. Ray Lucas. Ugh

Back
Top Bottom